THIS ONE IS A COMPLICATED QUESTION......

User 173608 Photo

Trial User
9 posts

MY ISSUE IS KIND OF COMPLICATED...WHEN I UPLOAD CHANGES IN MY WEBSITE TO GODADDY, COFFEECUP IS CREATING A NEW HTML FOLDER EACH TIME AND THEREFORE THE REVISED WEBSITE IS NOT SHOWING ON THE WEB.

FOR THE INITIAL UPLOAD MY SITE WAS IN VNU FORMAT...THE GODADDY REP HELPED ME TO FILL IN THE INITIAL UPLOAD BOARD IN COFFEE CUP. FOR THE LAST LINE (WWW) SHE HAD ME PUT IN HTML... THIS WORKED AND THE SITE UPLOADED IN HTML. SHE SAID GOING FORWARD EACH TIME I SUBMIT CHANGES TO JUST DELETE THE HTML ON THE COFFEECUP BOARD IN THE WWW SECTION. WELL COFFEECUP IS UPLOADING AUTOMATICALLY AND I NEVER GET TO SEE THAT INITIAL BOARD WITH WHICH I UPLOADED THE FIRST TIME.

HOW DO I GET TO THAT BOARD TO CHANGE THE HTML IN THE WWW SECTION?

ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hello,

You should use the built-in Upload function to transfer your Website to the server, using the following information:

FTP Server: Generally your domain name (yourdomain.com) without the "ftp://" or "http://"
Username: Your FTP username
Password: Your FTP password
WWW Folder: The name of any specific folder on the server where your Website should be uploaded. The most common names are "public_html", "www", or "web"

If you're unsure about what to enter for any of these fields, you'll need to contact your hosting provider. Let us know if you have any other questions.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 173608 Photo

Trial User
9 posts

Hi Scott,

I understand what you are saying but when I am trying to upload the changes I make to the site CoffeeCup does not give me any options.. it automatically uploads... I do not get the board you are describing... I got it when I initially uploaded my site but for the changes it does not give me the board to fill in..the godaddy rep told me that when I make changes to leave the www line blank....

what next?
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We use Gogdaddy for all our testing as well. For my hosting account there I put in a / for the www folder. Do not leave it blank.

If you need to make changes, just use the arrow key to the right of the upload button and select setup internet connection.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Go to Settings -> FTP Settings to change the upload settings.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.