The file in my cpanel is empty - Post...

User 477999 Photo

1 post

Hi! I'm Alfred and a newbie in building a website. I'm using Visual Site Designer version 2008 in building my site. (www.hatyaitravelguide.com) This is my problem, I hope someone could help me.

I built a webpage. The name of the webpage is "transportation". Then I created a file in public_html and named it transportation.html. I used transportation.html to be the link on that page. Then I uploaded it. It was successful. But when I check the file I created (transportation.html), it was empty. I can't see the images and the site's navigation bar. What do you think is the problem and how can I solve it.

Thanks!

Alfred
www.hatyaitravelguide.com
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,465 posts

Hi Alfred,

Not sure how you have done this. If you use VSD, the programme calls the first page you create 'index.html' And that is indeed the page that opens when I click on the link in your post.

It looks as if you have not created all the pages yet, the transportation.html was not found on the server.

I think you should EITHER use VSD throughout and not use the cpanel, OR use the cpanel and not VSD. Not both of them! So far what you have done in VSD looks successful. Some of the links need to be corrected, though.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.