Suggestions for a web hosting program...

User 467042 Photo

19 posts

Hello,
I am new to Coffeecup but having a nightmare time trying to upload a new site I designed in VSD.

Seeing as I am about the create a new site for a new URL, I am wondering if anyone can suggest a web hosting company which they successfully use with CoffeeCup.

I was using 123-reg but I am finding their support hopeless - they will not give me a clear answer on what my www folder is - and without it I cannot upload my coffeecup site.

This is all very frustrating - I just want the site to go live - ASAP.

ALSO, I have been reading problems with individuals creating a site on one computer and then not being able to transfer it to a new one - is it best then for me to start fresh with this new site on the laptop I intend to make updates from?
User 970 Photo

25 posts

I use godaddy and they are great.

Good luck.

Scott
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Rix,

I use 1and1 and am happy with them.

To transfer your VSD files from one computer to another, you need to get all the files and have them in the correct locations. Be sure to get the VNU file and if that file is in the xyz directory, and your images are in a sub-directory, make sure that on the new computer if you put the VNU file in the abc directory, that you have the images file located in the same relative location.

Hope this helps.
User 128259 Photo

Ambassador
24 posts

I use Bravenet (the paid version, not the free version) and have had no problems with them at all for all of my CoffeeCup software...very user friendly! ;)
stacyuncorked.com
princessnagger.com
sassydolls.com

Dance like no one's watching...
Love like you'll never be hurt...
Sing like no one's listening...
And live like heaven on earth.
User 157034 Photo

Ambassador
208 posts

I use 1&1 (www.oneandone.co.uk) and Hostgator (www.hostgator.com). They're both fine, Hostgator being somewhat cheaper though.
"Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

I have been using Name Unit Networks (Norway based), Dreamhost and AceNet, no problems whatsoever. I know from others that BlueDomino also is problem free.

I have also used AwardSpace which is free, but I don't recommend them as I've had some upload problems, and then all of a sudden they may close your site for I-don't-know-what reason.

Some of the CC ambassadors and advisors sell hosting, you could contact fpixie @ coffeecuphelp . com or krickman @ coffeecuphelp . com (remove the spaces from the mail addresses).
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 436416 Photo

87 posts

rix wrote:
Hello,
Seeing as I am about the create a new site for a new URL, I am wondering if anyone can suggest a web hosting company which they successfully use with CoffeeCup.

Personally I have been using www.pair.com for over 10 years and find their support and service top-notch.

rix wrote:
ALSO, I have been reading problems with individuals creating a site on one computer and then not being able to transfer it to a new one - is it best then for me to start fresh with this new site on the laptop I intend to make updates from?

This mostly have to do with the placement of your files. If you stick with the same directory structure (ie if you place all the files you use in D:\datafiles on one system, you can transfer them to another machine and put them in D:\datafiles again. But if you switch the names/locations (or just the drive letters) around, that is where people get into trouble since the path info is embedded in the .VSD file that you edit.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.