Problems with MouseOver in VSD 5.9.4...

User 174620 Photo

31 posts

Nope, in the VSD screen itself two different images are added to the mouseover with two different names IMG1 and IMG2. I've tried using other images, both with completely different names and the same problem occurs.

But even if I had used the same image, this wouldn't explain the Red X, it would simply show the same image twice?

The problem appears to be in how VSD writes the auto code for the mouseover. It's writing code for the same image for both elements, renaming the second MO_IMGNAME but not creating any of the additional files required for this to work.

Am I really the only person experiencing this problem? Is anyone from CC available to comment?
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Haydnjames,
sorry i am at a loss, maybe try putting in a support ticket will help speed your answer up from the coffeecup people. Sorry I couldn't help.

User 174620 Photo

31 posts

ive mailed support with this. thanks for all your help :)
User 174620 Photo

31 posts

Just an update on this issue. Support have identified it as an issue which they're investigating. Though it appears to only affect .gif images at the moment not .png or .jpg
User 436416 Photo

87 posts

haydnjames wrote:
Just an update on this issue. Support have identified it as an issue which they're investigating. Though it appears to only affect .gif images at the moment not .png or .jpg

I reported that problem since VSD 5.8.4 back a few months: CoffeeCup Ref. #CAF-462366 ...
User 2130925 Photo

261 posts

Peter. Are you saying you reported the same issue a bunch of versions ago and it still is not fixed? They usually fix things pretty quickly, so that surprised me.

Has anyone heard anything yet?

User 174620 Photo

31 posts

The response I got was that the problem has not previously been identified. Infact I had to send them my website, and files so they could try and re-create the same problem.

The ticket is still raised and I have not yet received a response.
User 2130925 Photo

261 posts

That is strange haydn. According to Peter, it was pointed out to them and he was given a ticket.

Peter, are you sure they knew about it already?

I am very surprised. Maybe the ticket got lost somehow.
User 174620 Photo

31 posts

I've mailed them today for an update and received an immediate response.

The issue is currently being investigated by the programmers and they hope to have the problem fixed in time for the next version update.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

This issue will be corrected in version 6.0 due out this summer.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.