Problems installing VSD update keep...

User 140386 Photo

17 posts

Hi:
Am trying to update my CoffeeCup software, everything going along
smoothly till I did the Update to Visual Site Designer.
Downloads fine but when I tell it to run I keep getting error messages
that read

error copying files from packed archive c:/documents and settings/Greer/desktop/download/coffeecupsoftware........

then the end file that it is having problems with are

browserx.dll
misca.dll
miscb.dll
it then proceeds to abort --retry--cancel

it just will not get past these files
any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

greer zellers
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

What operating system are you on? Was VSD already running when you tried to install it again?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

Like Scott mentioned, I'd make sure the previous version isn't running first. Even better, you can uninstall the previous version before running the newly downloaded file. You won't lose any website data/files. If the installation still fails, you may want to try downloading the installation file again in case it may be corrupt somehow. Although I doubt the setup file would even begin if it were incomplete (still worth a shot).
User 140386 Photo

17 posts

I have professional xp on my laptop and xp home on my desktop both Dell. Fairly new computers both less than 2 years old.
I was NOT running the previous version but it is installed. I do not uninstall an older version when I update, should I?
Never had problems before. Upgrades seem to go right over top of older versions. advise me please. thanks.
greer
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Yes, uninstall any old versions. It is always good practice to do that with all software. This way you know that no files were in use and the new version is installed correctly.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.