Managing files in VSD - Post ID 6957

User 451118 Photo

57 posts

I've made a lot of changes while constructing my first website using vsd 5.9.3--I believe the latest version. And I want to make sure I clean out anything unnecessary.

I do delete files within vsd using the remove files tool. And I've made sure there is nothing unnecessary in the files where I add files from my hd to vsd.

However, when I upload, it tells me certain files are missing and asks if I want to continue without (yes). It later says it's syncing and I do I want it to delete unused files (yes.)

Questions:
Could there be files I still need to delete from somewhere else? Within vsd or on my hd?

Can someone explain what basic cc folders/files are necessary to my website structure (not including the files/folders I add)?

I hope my questions are clear. Or, perhaps someone can direct me to this information. THANK YOU!
I'm not losing files--I'm referring to files I've deleted. Thanks
windy
User 264552 Photo

112 posts

My VSD is losing files also! I've gone into the control panel on my web hoster's site and the files are there! VSD is losing them on my hard drive I guess. I've had to reload many times.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.