losing pictures.. they become...

User 447582 Photo

13 posts

I'm having an issue with my photos. they show up fine in the editor, but when I publish the page.. bam.. they are jagged/chewed up!
you can see them here...

www.castleandcottagesigns.com

what am I doing wrong??
thanks in advance,
paula
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Paula,

I am having an issue with your web page. Twice, I have tried to load your page, and it has crashed Firefox. It seems to be trying to download getFile.php and hangs up during that attempt.

When the page starts loading, I see some image code, which makes me think you have an error such as leaving off at < or > but this is only a guess, since I have not been able to load your page.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Paula,

I managed to get some information from your site, and your jagged and chewed images are caused by the browser reshaping them according to your code. One image I checked is http://www.castleandcottagesigns.com/crownfleursite.jpg and that image is a large image (1280x960) which will slow the loading of that image. You have resized that photo using width="349"and height="248". For the images to be correct, you need to keep the ratios the same. A 1280x960 image can be resized to 320x240 and still look proper.

To speed the loading of your site, I suggest you use a graphics program and resize your photos to the size you want displayed. Then in the code for loading the graphics, use the actual width and height of the graphic.

Hope this helps

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.