Importing other Coffeecup program...

User 37470 Photo

Ambassador
5 posts

Hey there, thanx for reading.

I am having major issues trying to import code from CCHTML 2008, Firestarter and WebForm into VSD ...

Maybe the procedure that is in the help file isnt as imformative that is needed.

Does anyone have a method to import from each that works with VSD.. could you post that here...

Regards

Kev
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Kev, older version but same process.
http://www.kellyinfo.com/MyFiles/tutorials/FormBuilderTrialVersion.html
with Firestarter it's the same way, just copy the code, paste it in page in VSD and upload in the program that was used to make them.
Visual Site Designer 5.9.4 if you click the appropriate tab on the left for form buider and for firestarter then it will ask you to search the the xml file that you made when you saved your project, will automatically attach the files needed for that project. I don't have an updated tutorial made as yet. Hope this makes sense.The above can still be used in the new version of VSD.

User 37470 Photo

Ambassador
5 posts

Thanx for the reply, I am having issues with my VSD 5.9.4 then.. after I create the file in firestarter/webform etc I place the file in an accessible folder ( current user/my documents/folder ) I click onto the tab for adding code, browse to the folder and xml file... click but I dont get a voilah code entered info but a small square appears on the vsd page... i then test the application but no form appears...

The VSD proggy is running on an up to date win2k system with sp4 ... maybe I need to contact the CC gurus ... it could be a bug ... but more than likely its me the driver : )

Regards

Kev
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Kev, here's the 2 ways i do this in VSD.
http://www.yllek.info/addingformandfirestarter.html
maybe try these ways and see if it makes a dif.

User 37470 Photo

Ambassador
5 posts

I just put the VSD software on my laptop which is XP and it worked a treat so there must be some sort of incompatability on my win 2k system...

Ill try vsd on another win2k system i have...

Thanx again Bruce...

Kev
User 37470 Photo

Ambassador
5 posts

Looks like it is a Win2k thing... hmmm maybe one of the gurus will be able to help.

Regards

Kev
User 436416 Photo

87 posts

It works fine with my W2K/SP4, both on real CPU and vitrual ...
User 37470 Photo

Ambassador
5 posts

I have and An AMD 4 ghz cpu 1gig ram.. win2k sp4 avg 7.5... and it doesnt work... I have an intel tualitin 1ghz with 1 gig ram win2k sp4 avg 7.5 and it doesnt work... I have an amd 3 ghz with 2 gig ram and xp pro avg 7.5 and it works, i have a laptop p4 1.6ghz 512 meg ram xp pro kapersky and it works ...

I have sent an email to the gurus.. anyone want to give me a pointer where to look...

Regards

Kev

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.