error occured - Post ID 5144

User 2439558 Photo

70 posts

Hi Bruce, I'm in the process of uploading with filezilla. I began it about noon EST, and it keeps disconnecting every few minutes. for a while I had to go out to the store, but now I am sitting here watching it and reconnecting it. Seems it starts where it left off so I don't have to start from the beginning. I do hope this works. Maybe there's something wrong with my computer. Will have to check into that. Thanks for your help. Sarah
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

that does seem weird Sarah, i don't think it's the program/s but i can't think of what it all of the sudden be,I haven't had that problem before. please keep us informed. thanks.

User 2439558 Photo

70 posts

Hi Bruce, filezilla is still uploading the site - hours and hours. However as I sit here and watch it upload, I see that I have duplicares on my computer of several files - 2 or 3 jukeboxes, 2 or 3 video, and odds and ends of other files. If I delete files from my documents or move them somewhere else will that mess everything up or will that help? If, when it's finished uploading it is still messed up on line, guess i'll have to do something to my computer files. Back to check to see if it has disconnected again. Sarah
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Sarah do you have any anti virus software running or a firewall?
have you tried closing running programs that run in the background?
( the old ctrl+alt+delete thing)
your not going to believe this Sarah, and I do not have as many items as you have, but what i do all the time , actually every month, cause I do upload alot, is I open VSD, and minimize it, Open my website folder located in My Documents and select everything in there and delete it, yes delete it! then minimize that folder and maximize VSD, and click on save. and your refreshed. you may need to add your alblum or jukebox folders and some files again, but it will be cleaned. can do the same online also.

User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Looks Good Sarah.

User 2439558 Photo

70 posts

Thanks Bruce, It's still uploading. have 15 more files to go, but it's taking half an hour to transfer one file. think i will have to do what you suggest and delete the whole site in "my site" and save what I have in VSD. It's awfully scary though. think i should save it first on a disk. This has been a long night, but i'm determined to get this thing uploaded. Thanks for your great help. Sarah
User 2439558 Photo

70 posts

Finally, it's done!! As soon as I have time I'm going to clean the files up and hopefully never, ever have this problem again. Thanks all for your help. Sarah

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.