Can't Upload VSD - Post ID 5188

User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

wow I answered twice, im old!

User 449041 Photo

9 posts

Oops, sorry, I lost my connection and sent you the same question twice!
Still can't get it to work through VSD, but the CoffeeCup Free FTP does for some reason. I tried to create a folder on my web host's site, but they won't let me enter a name with an underscore in it and most of the folders in VSD have those for some reason. (Sorry I'm so slow)
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

dont worry about being slow, i'm slower!, so basically you can't upload your gallery either? I'll go check that give me a few please

I just uploaded my Photo gallery which has a folder myalbum_files, but I uploaded thrugh the Gallery program and not VSD
http://nic-nacs-plus.com/web/sitemanager.png

User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

ancientlady, hello
I did want to ask you another question if I may. are you just testing VSD or are you actually trying to upload without using the test button first?
The rason I ask is when I upload in VSD I get" An Error Ocurred During Uploading" yet it still uploads

User 449041 Photo

9 posts

Wow, how'd you make that red arrow? Very cool.
Am going to try to upload the photo albums directly from the Gallery, that was a good idea.
In regards to VSD, I've been testing it over and over with different configurations. BTW, my web host says I should just be uploading to www, but that doesn't work either when I test it. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I can't create folders on the host with the underscore because the error mess I get is always about folder creation.
User 422779 Photo

11 posts

Hope I don't get in trouble for going off-topic. I was just browsing the forums and decided to check out your site, ancientlady. Looks like you DO know what you're doing. Beautiful site. Had to let you know.
User 449041 Photo

9 posts

Thanks you guys, now if only I could get everything to work!
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

when we recieve a "cannot create a catalog" usually has someting to do with the setting in the WWW slot,which is why i tried the forward slash was it goes right to the www folder where the files are. yes frank It is a beautiful Site, gorgeous Lady!
Anyway you are on a windows server correct?
have you also tried the site manager they provide, use their ftp?
thing is it's gotta be something simple..... Oh nevermind about their ftp, it's down due to problems. sorry
i have another suggestion by last resort.

User 449041 Photo

9 posts

Yep, got windows...
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

well your back means no go!
if you have the time,would you like to try something?
if so email me please.
I do have another suggestion. and you are correct they only allow - not _

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.