ALWAYS error uploading... - Post ID 5450

User 442230 Photo

23 posts

I have a problem with my site, polishpotterystore.com. It is a large site, contains almost 400 pages and thousands of pictures. Up until now it was uploading completely usually on the third try. At this point, I am on my third DAY and it always ends the same, there was an error uploading. It is impossible to tell if it gets caught on a particular image, because VSD renames them. I have used an optimizer for any larger photos and used thumbnails everywhere else to cut down on the size.

I need help, this site looks terrible when it is half uploaded. What they need is a way to upload a page at a time because I am losing money every day this site looks like this and cannot be uploaded correctly.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Hi Robbin,
My suggestion for a back up is always use an external ftp like direct ftp or filezilla.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla in case of such a situation. May I ask who your hosting with?
you would upload everything from the files folder on down in case you were wondering. as far as your other thread concerning the error I would do a google search and see what it says about the error. someone with more experience or knowledge may be along soon that can have a more precise answer for you i'm sure. BTW VSD does show what is being uploaded at the time it stops. if you look closely you'll see it. 400 pages is alot must take a long time to upload. If your not adding or removing images on your pages , but are just moving them round then I would suggest just choosing upload html pages only.
My preference only.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.