A couple of browsers don't show my...

User 451118 Photo

57 posts

I put my newly finished site through browsershots.org last night and found that most browsers work fine for my site-but a few, like some versions of Firefox(I believe for the Mac) have an issue on at least one page-- http://www.ogiekanogie.com/TOS.html
At the bottom of the page some large text overlaps body copy.
I tried making my page longer--that's not the fix. Too easy.
Anybody know how I fix this? Or, even where should I go to find out how to fix this?

I used coffeecup VSD on a pc running xp.
ogiekanogie.com

Thanks for any advice,
Windy
windy
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Windy,

Using FireFox 2.0.0.17 and the pages I have previously look good, and the specific TOS page looks great.

I just looked again, and see that the "wear your ogie everywhere" is the issue. On some pages such as the TOS, the g in ogie hangs down into the third e in everywhere.

The issue is caused by object 45059 and object 45060 in your code are set only 10 px apart from the top. That is what the code does, but the code is generated by VSD, and I really don't know how you would correct the problem if it looks proper in VSD.

Hopefully one of the VSD experts will have a solution.
User 451118 Photo

57 posts

Thanks for looking, Bill. I actually have it designed very close together so the e touches.

The problem is through some browsers the entire wear your ogie everywhere, plus the green line and the email address & phone number show up several inches higher and overlap body copy.

That I don't understand.

Thanks!
windy
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Windy,

Some browsers do not follow web standards, and set their own line height, padding, margins, etc. If a browser has a larger line height, it could cause the text in your TOS to be longer and go past your other words which are set in place with an absolute position.

Sometimes you can find a hack that will fix a specific browser display, but you will need to google that browser and the problem to see if you can find a solution.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.