User 2209589 Photo

4 posts

oh well, thanks anyway guys!! :)
keep it unreal.

gd
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Graham - You could always e-mail your question(s) about it to helpme@coffeecup.com
Scott does drop in here frequently, but might miss your posting in here, and this e-mail would actually go to him (as well as J and Bob if I remember correctly). Might take a little while, but you should here back from one of them relatively soon(ish ;)).
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 2209589 Photo

4 posts

Awesome, Thanks Phil. Legend!

keep it unreal.

gd
User 2351899 Photo

3 posts

Hi,
I'm Pete in Jensen Beach FL.

http://treasurecoastcomputing.com/index.htm

Haven't done any web work since around 2002. Frontpage is/was my only site builder program if it isn't obvious.
I remember you folks way back then as I struggled to get a simple web site up.
I just purchased VSD to set up a site for the Home Owners Assoc. where I live.

I sure I'll find all the help I need right here.

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

Hi Pete, and welcome to this place! :) There are experts on nearly all of the CC programmes, so I'm sure you'll find some help when needed.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

Hello Pete!

Welcome to CC! Yes you will find a lot of help here in the forums or by submitting a support ticket... I would suggest that you try using the forums first, because we have some awesome people here that love to help out others trying to learn!
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 474778 Photo

215 posts

Does being new to this thread qualify me to introduce myself? I ask because I've been a Coffee Cup customer for years.

And yet I remain a newbie. This Web stuff is built upon such a simple architecture that it is bound to grow, change, expand, partially collapse & retrench, and then grow again. (For example, open standards are taking over Flash's traditional turf.) Maybe such explosive change makes all of us perpetual newbies.

My academic background is electrical engineering, computer science and general business management. I've made my living in marketing and sales, which is fun and lucrative.

By age 48, I had made enough $$$ to underwrite a modest retirement.

So I tried retiring. I couldn't stand it.

I spent the summer of 2011 researching computing-related franchise businesses. They weren't for me either. (I think I'd better not name names on this forum. Write if you'd like to talk about that.)

Since it's no longer possible to find and assemble electronic components to build cool stuff the way it was when I was a teenager (circa 1968), I'm squeezing my 59-year-old brain through the knot hole of learning Web-related technologies, including site construction (which breaks down into tons of topics all by itself), software-as-a-service, SEO / SEM, self-publishing, e-commerce and database work.

I'm building a consulting practice to assist local businesses, the little guys that giant Web and brick-and-mortar companies increasingly walk all over.

Some History
I did a stint in politics, including building my very first site to benefit the local state representative. (Yes, I used CC's HTML Editor.) The site was pretty simple. I adapted one of the fluid layouts included with the HTML editor, added a little PHP for navigation and header & footer, and included some minor CSS pizzaz. Now that my state rep. friend has retired, the site lives on, re-purposed to present his scholarship program for local students. See repbobhargraves.com.

I used a freeware open-source (PHP-based) Content Management System / Framework to build my next site, this one to benefit a local political town committees. (I think I'd better keep out of trouble by mentioning neither the CMS nor the political party by name. You can write me about that, too.) The templating system of that CMS allows for dropping in page markup and styling with little trouble, so the HTML Editor also went along for the ride.

I operate a mixed Windows / Linux peer-to-peer network so that I can play with the technology, particularly to see how various browsers render sites across various operating systems.

I've bought just about everything that CC sells, but I've used little of it. (I want to encourage these CC guys because I like the way they operate.) I should start using more CC products shortly in my new venture.

Next Steps
    -- Move the CMS-based site to the newer technology offered by the CMS software provider. Turns out that they changed the user-level stuff considerably, so this will be challenging.

-- Help this new client I accidentally landed. I'm not ready, but of course I'll NEVER be ready. (See second paragraph above.)

-- Build a site promoting my own business.

Lots of work, lots of fun.

I'm keen on mastering the HTML 5 transition. Hope Coffee Cup will be there to assist.
halfnium -AT- alum.mit.edu
Yes, I looked just like that in 1962.
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

Halfnium wrote:
Does being new to this thread qualify me to introduce myself? I ask because I've been a Coffee Cup customer for years.

I'm keen on mastering the HTML 5 transition. Hope Coffee Cup will be there to assist.

As to your first question. Yes, you may introduce yourself at any time! Glad to hear you have been using CC for a long time! It is a great company and better software.

As for your last comment, HTML5 and CSS3 are already supported by CC's HTML Builder. :D So CC is here to support and assist, as well as the many users that provide support on these forums.. Do not be afraid to ask questions here as we are not afraid to answer... Most all questions asked can be answered by one of the users that frequent this forum and when we can not answer your question, we will tell you. And ask that you put in a support ticket because CC can. I think the main reason I come on and answer questions is so that it does not bog down the support ticket system and that allows CC to work longer and harder each day to improve the program that I love and use. :D So, we are all here to help you in your journey into HTML5 CSS3 and your new business!

"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,461 posts
Online Now

Hi Halfnium,
Welcome here! We are, as the previous poster said, here to help others, and we enjoy it and learn quite a bit by doing it. Someone with your backgrouns and experience will also be an asset to this forum in that you probably will be able to answer some of the questions that are not particularly related to one of the CC programmes.
So, hope to see you more often in here!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 528054 Photo

209 posts

Hello,

I have been in here on the forums now and again, and its a great source of help and advice.

I live in Kent, England, and have Penshurst, Chiddingstone and Hever on my doorstep.

Ever since I cut up a 1954 'Oval' Beetle in 1975 :rolleyes: I have been into bugs and engineering of some form or other, my interest being to create stuff and do new things. That oval became my first buggy, it covered over 75000 miles all around the UK and Europe before being wrecked by my twin brother...

I still have a bug and its probably, my last one, is a Manx and now is 12 years old, about to hit 90000 miles and is in daily use. Somehow in this age of plastic boxes on wheels its a great drive, good fun all the way.

Winter is on the eb now, and I don't have to wear a ski jacket with a hot water bottle shoved inside, though that's a great way to go.... Toasty warm and in the fresh air, I do have a roof and doors though.
Every day I drive to work over the hills around here, saw a few deer tonight crashing about which is a nice sign, and the bluebells and daffodils hopefully will be around soon too.

My work involves engineering, and I work alone making jigs, fixtures, one off's and custom parts for all forms of racing... The staple diet of the company being sequential gearboxes and ATB diffs. Though we support and make everything we ever did, going back to motorcycles and replacement gearboxes for Triumph's...

I have used the HTML editor to teach myself and write my website, its taken off and has a regular stream of visitors every day. In amongst it all, is stuff I have done myself and somehow the site has stood the test of time in the six or seven years its been up.
There was nothing around that was just a place to browse pictures, so I decided to have a go, I don't think there is another site remotely like it.

CoffeeCup has enabled me to be far more creative than I realised and be able to have control over it all
as well, I guess in a way, its the engineering head coming out, as I hate... easy 'off the shelf' stuff, with a passion!

My site is basic, but it works, and I thank all the CoffeeCup people and everyone in the forum who has helped me in the past to sort stuff out. As, to be honest, I couldn't have got it going as it is now, on my own.

Thanks
Peter

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.