Can I edit an existing site with...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Barravoxe wrote:
...and another thing. I've downloaded and installed the free trial version of HTML Editor. I would like to do the same with the Web Editor, but when I download the free trial, all I get is a .dmg file that can't be executed. Is the download damaged, or is there a license limit of some kind?

The Web Editor is for OSX, not Windows.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2701097 Photo

8 posts

Well that explains it. BTW, when I try to launch the HTML editor,it crashes immediately. I'm running Windows 7. What's going on?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Barravoxe wrote:
Well that explains it. BTW, when I try to launch the HTML editor,it crashes immediately. I'm running Windows 7. What's going on?

Try running the Editor as Administrator.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2701097 Photo

8 posts

still crashes immediately
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Barravoxe wrote:
still crashes immediately

My only other suggestion would be to check DEP / UAC settings AND look at all firewall/antivirus settings and make sure they are not interfering with the Editor. If that fails, my next suggestion is to format. ;)
User 2701097 Photo

8 posts

My Windows firewall is being managed by Kaspersky AV and Kaspersky has it checked as an approved application. So we can't blame it on the AV software.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Barravoxe wrote:
My Windows firewall is being managed by Kaspersky AV and Kaspersky has it checked as an approved application. So we can't blame it on the AV software.

Sure we can! :)

My only suggestion is what I mentioned before (DEP/UAC). I would also start by contacting Kaspersky technical support.

Disable DEP
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … SignedIn=1

Diable UAC:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … =windows-7

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.