How to publish my web form using my...

User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

Unfortunately it is not possible to add files to your root folder.
Please also note that currently Wix users do not have root access to upload their own files.

Either get an SDrive account for your CC forms, or go back to whatever Wix provides.

*Or dump Wix and do whatever you want somewhere else ;)
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

I would also suggest that you contact WIX and find out what to do to upload files to your website's root folder and if it's possible to do so at all. If not then you'll definitely have to do as PaintBrush suggests and go back to using WIX's system or do the CC S-Drive setup. But the people to ask how to get your files uploaded there would be them. Good luck with it!
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

According to Wix, they don't allow uploading to your root folder :(
The quote above is from their own forums.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
User 2745948 Photo

6 posts

Just want to say THANKS to those who responded above! Somehow i was afraid of that answer and try as i may, did not find the answer on wix forums... sorry paintbrush had to do the dirty work for me!! :/

I am happy to give the s-drive thing a try with cc - if so, are you all in pretty-much agreement that it WILL work if i do that?

(sorry, i'm just not the guru when it comes to this stuff)
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,091 posts
Online Now

Forms work very easily with CC. S Drive is great problem is WIX will not allow you to take your website with you. From my experience with them they will only give you the content and not the design.

That being said CC has a lot of products to help you build a responsive website. I would suggest downloading some of their trials and take some apps for a test drive before you make your final decision.

If you need a hand converting your current WIX site to RSD please contact me from my website link below and we can work something out.

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 2745948 Photo

6 posts

Thanks for the reply, but i'm afraid that now i'm only confused more. It sounds as though you are implying that: to use FORMS from CC, I would have to transfer my entire website to CC. Yes?

I was under the impression, from the previous responses, that I could set up an S-drive with CC for my forms, yet publish them to my wix website. PLEASE clarify if this is incorrect!! (exactly what i was trying to find out, so we ARE getting to the root of my question!!) :)

if i am unable to do this, i guess time/money spent at CC is wasted ... i will hate that on numerous levels.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You don't have to transfer your website to S-Drive. Simply publish the form to S-Drive and you will be given a block of HTML code. Just paste that into your website and the form will appear. Our free plan allows only for 1 form. If you require more forms, then you must upgrade to a paid plan.

You can view all our plans here at www.coffeecup.com/sdrive/plans
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2088758 Photo

Senior Advisor
3,091 posts
Online Now

Thanks for the reply, but i'm afraid that now i'm only confused more. It sounds as though you are implying that: to use FORMS from CC, I would have to transfer my entire website to CC. Yes?

Sorry for the confusion. I was under the impression you wanted to move away from WIX. Yes S-Drive works excellent with forms. One push of a button and your form is uploaded to S-Drive and you just paste the code it gives you in the appropriate area WIX provides. Then you wont have to worry about uploading files to WIX.

Taking over the world one website at a time!

Steve Kolish
www.misterwebguy.com

YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL8qVv … ttneYaMSJA
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

If/when you do leave Wix, you can keep your form, rather than losing it along with the rest of your site. ;)

(I'm working on a site now for a business that's leaving Wix because it can't support the functions they need.
Only takes 2 weeks (!!!) to transfer the domain name :P)
User 2745948 Photo

6 posts

Hey all - sorry i'm so late in getting out my THANKS again for helping. My plan is to purchase a plan with coffee-cup (S-drive) because i need numerous variations of forms. i'll grab the HTML and add it to my Wix.com site for now. i like what i have seen at CC and hope to do more with you guys in the future... it just seems a bit more complicated than i am able to deal with right now. THANKS AGAIN for the support (another reason i hope to be a bigger part of your 'club' in the future) and hopefully next time you hear from me, i'll have all my forms working and sending in price requests for my services !! :D

www.homemadehollywood.com
(NEARLY finished, but still under construction...just thought i'd share since ya'll helped)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.