General Questions - Page 6 - Post ID...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Bob wrote:
Hi Scott, I contacted CC and they said it may be the firewall. I shut the firewall down but made no difference this was after I rebuilt the shop because I thought I did something wrong with the template and I think I did because I got it working far better in preview but still won't upload.

Did you respond back to your support ticket and let them know?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Hi Scott, After talking to my hosting provider I got the FTP to work. I had something wrong in the address as it is different to the one I had in Cute FTP. I am now one step closer I feel. Now I can't get the htm page to link. What file should I be linking. I created a page called BoatStuff and then a link I am trying from the words StoreFront. If I could get this to work I will have it beaten. I have tried every possible way. but to no avail. It is all working fine in the preview so I would naturally assume the program puts all the files in the correct order. When I hit publish it saves the shop and then it uploads the files. Now I just need the key to the next bit.:D
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Bob,

When you create a link inside the shopping cart, you need to use the Link setup for it, here's the best way to do it:

1. type the word/phrase you want to be considered a link.

2. Highlight that word/phrase and press the Link button on the edit bar above the text area.

3. Fill in the information it asks for and hit ok/create/ or whatever that button says to enter it lol.

That's it you should now see a link on the page and that link should take you to whatever URL you have chosen to link the word/phrase to.
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

That's not what I am after. I have uploaded CCC to a folder in my website. I created a HTM page called Boatstuff so at present I have an address www.havelock.net.nz/boatstuff.htm Now I am trying to link to my shop. The files that uploaded were CSS, PHP and XML . I want to know which is the one that opens the show up. There are 10 files outside the folder I would have thought it was index .php They are all uploaded in a folder called Boatstuff-server
If it is a standlone program and the preview works fine and it uploads I can't seem to fine how it works as I am only a novice. My hosting provider didn't answer me concerning the question I put to them on a sub folder. I have rebuilt this shop a couple of times. I haven't set in place any link back to my index page yet. I want to see it working first before I did that.
Thanks for your time.
Bob
I know I will get there in the end.:P

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

My apologies, I entirely seem to have misinterpreted your question, which still looks like what I thought it was to me LOL. I guess in the end you're still just right back where you started at not really having this uploading correctly the way it sounds to me. In the program you specify what directory you are planning to put the shop in by just filling in the path for that directory. In my case all that's in that box is the words /public_html/shop/. If you put the correct location in that spot, then upload to exactly that location which would be:

root or havelock.net's public_html area /boatstuff/ shopnamehere

You HAVE to upload it to exactly the same place that you have stated in the Program for the Remote Folder or you won't have things where you think they are.

From what I'm seeing when I go to your link, you're trying to put it into a subdirectory of the havelock.net site called boatstuff. So what you need to do is inside the SCC go to the area that you put the server details in and type:

/public_html/boatstuff/shopnamehere

Then when you export it to upload it manually (which is what I'm assuming you're doing) you upload all the files into the /public_html/boatstuff/shopnamehere location of your server.

It's that simple, just that the 2 places need to coincide for them to work together. Basically goes along with the "you must have the same site structure online and offline for you to view your content items correctly in the html editors" type thing. Just that we don't get to see what that structure actually is with the shopping cart, you just have to trust that whatever you put into the server setup's remote folder is what you need to do on the server side.
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Sorry Jo Ann but my address starts differently. There is no public_html. I have been writing to the provider but I will now try doing what you said I will put Boatstuff-server directly to the page called Boatstuff. I tried to rename it to store but it keeps calling it Boatstuff -server. Should this work ok having the same name??? Thanks Jo Ann
At least I got the uploading working.
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Well I tried to upload it directly to the htm folder and that failed. I needs another folder like shop.
User 476017 Photo

Ambassador
375 posts

Bob wrote:
That's not what I am after. I have uploaded CCC to a folder in my website. I created a HTM page called Boatstuff so at present I have an address www.havelock.net.nz/boatstuff.htm Now I am trying to link to my shop. The files that uploaded were CSS, PHP and XML . I want to know which is the one that opens the show up. There are 10 files outside the folder I would have thought it was index .php They are all uploaded in a folder called Boatstuff-server
If it is a standlone program and the preview works fine and it uploads I can't seem to fine how it works as I am only a novice. My hosting provider didn't answer me concerning the question I put to them on a sub folder. I have rebuilt this shop a couple of times. I haven't set in place any link back to my index page yet. I want to see it working first before I did that.
Thanks for your time.
Bob
I know I will get there in the end.:P

Hi Bob
To link from your web site to your shop home page
Go into SCC
Select Your Shop
Then Server
Complete the boxes
"server" - Select which server you are using from the drop down list
"remote folder" Enter /shop/

On your web site your link to te shop should be something like
www.havelock.net.nz/shop/
hope that helps
Dave Butler
Yorkshire
England

Old Rishworthians Rugby Union Football club http://www.orrufc.co.uk
Tuxedo Junction Yorkshire Function Band http://www.riley-tuxedojunction.co.uk
The Commons Guest House http://www.thecommons-guesthouse.co.uk
all created with Coffee Cup html editor
User 31219 Photo

58 posts

Thanks Dave, Did all that and understand that bit.The link on my site is actually web.havelock.net.nz/shop If I change the address to web.havelock.net.nz/boatstuff.htm it doesn't work. Can you tell me which is the file that opens it all up. Attached is what I have uploaded in files I put header and background in that folder also.
Attachments:
User 476017 Photo

Ambassador
375 posts

Bob wrote:
Thanks Dave, Did all that and understand that bit.The link on my site is actually web.havelock.net.nz/shop If I change the address to web.havelock.net.nz/boatstuff.htm it doesn't work. Can you tell me which is the file that opens it all up. Attached is what I have uploaded in files I put header and background in that folder also.

On my set up the file that opens up the shop is the index.php
for example In one of my sites its
http://www.riley-tuxedojunction.co.uk/shop/index.php

is that any help
Dave Butler
Yorkshire
England

Old Rishworthians Rugby Union Football club http://www.orrufc.co.uk
Tuxedo Junction Yorkshire Function Band http://www.riley-tuxedojunction.co.uk
The Commons Guest House http://www.thecommons-guesthouse.co.uk
all created with Coffee Cup html editor

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.