Post your Pro Shops here. - Page 27 -...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Awesome Carlos! Nice shop too by the way :)
User 2140665 Photo

58 posts

Thanks Jo Ann, yes it's a work in progress, the longest bit is getting all the images up and and info put in (I do have a few hundred to sort).

Glad you like the site :-)

Daz
User 612667 Photo

252 posts

Thanks Jo Ann! By the way are thee any photographers in the group that may be able to tell me if there is a specific type of camera that can take square images? Model type? Thanks!

Carlos
Carlos Regueira - https://minerva-gallery.com

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Carlos Regueira wrote:
Thanks Jo Ann! By the way are thee any photographers in the group that may be able to tell me if there is a specific type of camera that can take square images? Model type? Thanks!

Carlos

If this is for you SCCP shop, why not just use Photoshop and change the settings to 10cm x10cm which is what i do
I think CC web image studio might also work ?
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 612667 Photo

252 posts

Hi,

That is very time consuming and I have to upload and create descriptions on several sites I sell on. Just in eBay alone I spend too much time making the listings. I actually tried downloading web image studio and for some reason it did not work on my computer and I just deleted it. I used photobucket to crop all of my images to 300 x 300 and some could not be cropped into a perfect square without adding a black background. The black background is not too professional looking when they expand the image. I literally spent an entire day cropping these pictures and I only cropped the main picture not all 5 for each product. After I finished I realized that 300 x 300 was too small. Although it solved my initial problem when you clicked to make it large it showed to small of an image. I spent another day re-cropping the same pictures just into a square. I realized that it does not matter the size of the picture and as long as the picture is a square it will be fine. I just rather buy a camera if there is one that can take square images to cut the time spent on cropping pictures. Save me time cropping when I can use the time being efficient in another aspect of my business. I also spend time labeling the pictures to what they actually are. Instead of uploading a picture that says dc0192733.jpg I actually change it to Pre-columbian Veracruz Figure.jpg which helps with seo and also for non visual users who cannot see the image and use devices that reads what the image is. I just rather spend the money on a camera that saves me the time, I need a new camera for my photo photography anyways.

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Carlos,

Make sure when you create your image names and files and folders too for that matter, that you do not include spaces in them. So your example image of:

Pre-columbian Veracruz Figure.jpg

Should be something more like:

pre-columbian-veracruz-figure.jpg
User 612667 Photo

252 posts

I did not know that, I put spaces. More work to do. Thanks, Jo Ann!

User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Hiya Carlos,

Make sure when you create your image names and files and folders too for that matter, that you do not include spaces in them. So your example image of:

Pre-columbian Veracruz Figure.jpg

Should be something more like:

pre-columbian-veracruz-figure.jpg

thats why all of mine are 9ct%gold%signet%ring%handmade%

and as a result my photogalleries have all failed since my hosting company changed a setting :(
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Then fix the image names silly! :P
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

I'm in the wrong forum, mines not a PRO shop, its an AMATEUR % shop % :lol:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.