Version 14 Lifetime - Page 2 - Post...

User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,193 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Soon you will see more information on our new Responsive Site Designer which merges the features of the Editor and Visual Site Designer into one program.

I was going to ask about something like this.:cool: I'm in.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com
User 2484360 Photo

3,293 posts

Eric Rohloff wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:
Soon you will see more information on our new Responsive Site Designer which merges the features of the Editor and Visual Site Designer into one program.

If you think RLM is great... I just have to say WOW... :P
User 289442 Photo

161 posts

Adam East wrote:
Eric Rohloff wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:

If you think RLM is great... I just have to say WOW... :P

In view of the above, I have to ask myself why did I just pay (not much, but) for an upgrade to 14 when it (the editor) is going to be replaced? I think from now on I will hold back and wait before upgrading anything until I can more fully see the direction CC is taking.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

The HTML Editor will not be replaced. These will be new programs that we are releasing that use different web design techniques. Our Editor will be around for quite some time. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 289442 Photo

161 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
TheHTML Editor will not be replaced. These will be new programs that we are releasing that use different web design techniques. Our Editor will be around for quite some time. ;)

Responsive Site Designer which merges the features of the Editor and Visual Site Designer into one program.

Then it must just be a choice of words. I've used the Editor from since it was first made available in the 90s, so for no other reason than tradition, I hope that is so. But the earlier post sure does seem to indicate otherwise. :D
User 2458767 Photo

2 posts

As said on my support ticket. I'm sad. I've used your ftp client for a long time and in late 2012 I've decided to buy your full bundle. I've used it roughly for an year, and only for educational and fun purpouses, as in zero websites sold. Now I must pay to play again.
I'm sad. Really.
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

This is a user forum and not the place to complain about CoffeeCup products. We don't work for CoffeeCup. We're users, just like you.

That said. All the programs you bought should still work. You haven't lost anything. The 'new' programs coming out (responsive programs) are a major change from what was available before. CoffeeCup posted and asked advice of it's users for a long while before making the business decision that it simply had to charge for upgrades to remain in business. The new programs they are working on and releasing will take advantage of the latest in web design. But that doesn't mean you can't continue to do things the old way. You don't have to upgrade. It's simply a choice you have to make.

If you need help, or need advice on how to accomplish something with the programs you have, then simply ask nicely and someone here will probably be able to help you out. We are mostly friendly and rarely bite! :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 2458767 Photo

2 posts

My post was regarding the subject, I didn't make a new one just to random rant about anything, plus, I didn't ask for a solution, since unfortunately there isn't one, I was just giving my testimony on the subject.

Regarding your answer, nobody had to upgrade from windows 3.1, they didn't point a gun to our heads, right? :)
And I appreciate the offer, I'll take up on it when I feel the need.

Anyways, sorry if my input annoyed you and have a nice day. :)
User 2147626 Photo

Ambassador
2,958 posts

No annoyance. Actually your post was rather nice compared to some we see here. I just wanted to let you know that we are all basically in the same boat here as you are. But if you do need or want help with a program you already have, there is plenty of support here for you. Come on back anytime. :cool:
Graphics for the web, email, blogs and more!
-------------------------------------
https://sadduck.com
User 60226 Photo

3 posts

I saw this in the first post...
"As a registered user of the HTML Editor, we are offering this update for only $19 .
Thank you for emailing us and we are sure you will love the update. It is worth every penny...."

I've been a user of HTML Editor since the 90s. How do I get the upgrade price? When I go to the purchase page, the only option is the full $69 price. Do I have to open a ticket or something?

cheers,
scott

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.