Uploading A Revised Page (HTML Editor...

User 484386 Photo

2 posts

Have had a website (www.EndFight.com)for some time that was designed by a friend no longer with us, paid little attention to it, recently moved to new (far less greedy) hosting company, transfer corrupted some pages, got and just started using program, figured out how to make some changes (like inserting photo and getting rid of red X) and got this one particualr page to look just right in "Preview" but it did not upload.

Using Vista. Registered version of HTML 2008. I "think" that although it looks like its uploading the problem may be the "Root" file icon that follows the nickname for my site. What is that all about? Could it be that I did not fill something in that I should have respecting uploading information?

Would greatly appreciate your help.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

You may want to click on profile and change your forum name to something other than your email address. Spammer bots are always looking for valid email addresses.

Are you uploading with the HTML Editor 2008 version, one of the Coffeecup FTP programs, or a different FTP program?

It seems you have managed to upload at least some changes, so give us more detail and maybe someone can help solve the problem.
User 484386 Photo

2 posts

Thanks for the heads up as to profile.

Am using whatever ftp comes with HTML 2008, and have made no changes with the program. All I did after moving from web.com to godaddy was upload the files I thought were current on my HD. Most arrived back on the web OK, but a couple did not. Thus the need for something like Coffee Cup.
User 333461 Photo

13 posts

I am having the same problem that using Vista 64-bit, HTML 2008. I be able to add content, added the server, preview is prefect, tested server with no problem. But when I upload, it only showed "root" and only upload to my hard drive not to the internet.
Please help!
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

CC,

With the HTML Editor 2008 program, you should have set the upload settings by clicking on File, Upload to server, then clicking on the Add or Edit Servers. You can also do this by clicking on the upload icon, There you can enter all the required information such as user name and password. Since you tested this, I assume that all the information was correct.

When you are ready to upload the file you have open, you should select the Server Profile you have previously created and if needed a sub-directory.

Now one of the settings that is not tested will be your required folder. Does your host require that you use a public folder for your site?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.