HTML Editor Build 305 Bug when...

User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Ok, so I had some time tonight to play around a bit in the new HTML Editor. When I go to save (and it doesn't appear to matter which method, ie: Ctrl-S, Disk, or menu) then preview in the default browser, when I hit F5 to refresh it doesn't. UNTIL I go back into HTML Editor and select preview tab, then go back to default browser, hit F5, and all is good.

Windows Vista (32-bit, plain jane home edition, fully up to date).
Living the dream, stocking the cream :D
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Hi Phil

I was unable to reproduce this issue here. Can you please take a look at the this video and tell me if this is what you are also trying to do?

http://www.coffeecup.com/files/forums/preview.mov.zip

I do know if you do not save the page first, when you use the default preview, it places the file into a tmp location and then serves it from there. If you look in your browser address bar, you would see something like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Web\~tmB.html

The ~tmB.html is just a temporary file that is generated and deleted.

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

That's what I am wanting to do, but it is not working for me. I've tried 5-6 times and no dice.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

I don't really have an answer for you on that. Anyone else having any problems like this? I tried with IE and Firefox and it worked fine for both.

What you could do as an alternative is to open IE and then open the html file you are working on. F5 should work then.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

It's not a show stopper Scott, just wanted to bring it up.

If others are having this problem though, please say so, don't just assume that since it's been brought up that's all that is needed. If CC sees several with same problem they will know it is a bug, versus just my POS computer :)

Thanks for looking into it so fast though Scott. Much appreciated as usual.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Yes, please if anyone else is having this problem, do report it. That is the only way I can fix things and get Phil to stop always yelling at me ;)
User 3004957 Photo

848 posts

I'm not sure I follow this, which isn't surprising as I am thick as pig.. er I mean, not the sharpest fish in the chandelier.

You save the file, then preview in default browser, then try to refresh it where? The browser? The editor? If I try to follow what you are doing, my browser window opens to preview the page leaving the editor sitting 'behind' the browser. If you cannot refresh the browser, then it is a browser fault. If you want to refresh the editor, you have to minimise or move the browser to get to it. If you mean you go back to the editor, then change something in the file, then go back to the browser without saving in between and try to refresh, the browser version of the file will not change until the file has been saved or a new preview of it generated. If you mean that you 'do' save the file then go back to the browser, hit refresh and it doesn't change, then something is amiss but it works perfectly on my two installs (which is a miracle as usually my machine is the only one in the whole world to exhibit weird CC behaviour).

What the...? Am I lost now...

Dave.
User 629005 Photo

Ambassador
2,174 posts

Dave wrote:
If you cannot refresh the browser, then it is a browser fault.

Actually Dave is right on... That was using IE 8, but when I tried in Firefox, it works fine as advertised.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.