HTML Editor 2010SE (Second Edition)...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Inger Eik wrote:
We seem to be getting the thing with the Norwegian characters solved! I tried some German umlauts too, and they came out ok. I have previewed both saved and unsaved files, and nothing wrong happens.

WOO HOO! :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 156722 Photo

2 posts

Scott, the new version seems to load slow? Has anyone else had that problem?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

JLB wrote:
Scott, the new version seems to load slow? Has anyone else had that problem?

Where exactly do you see the slow down? On load, code editor, visual editor, uploading, downloading, tabs etc...? I have not had any problems myself and nothing was reported by any users during the beta period.

Have you try re-installing, rebooting, registry cleaner types of stuff to see if that helps any?

Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Load up and swapping to preview pane work good for me, about the same as before. Loading of a page into the editor is still fast too. Dunno, haven't seen anything slower on my end.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

We just posted an update to the HTML Editor 2010SE (build 365) that includes some new enhancements, tweaks and bug fixes.

Changes in this version:

Update: Code Cleaner dialog updated
Fixed: #549 Problems with Code Cleaner and UTF-8 characters
Fixed: #452 ISO-8859 Encoding problem (we hope)
Fixed: #551 Change about dialog for Color Schemer and Image Mapper
Fixed: #550 Updated Code Cleaner tool tips
Fixed: #545 CSS menu Builder border width property
Fixed: #546 Updated HTML Editor Quick Start Guide.

If you don't own the HTML Editor yet, check out our current special and start using HTML5 and CSS3 today!

Registered users can download their free update here. And if you're interested in learning more, check out our PDF, Intro to HTML5 and CSS3.

Enjoy!!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Awesome, thanks Scott and CC Team :)
User 15441 Photo

39 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
We just posted an update to the HTML Editor 2010SE (build 365) that includes some new enhancements, tweaks and bug fixes.

Hmm, just curious why the download is about 8 meg smaller (went from around 41 to 33 meg)?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

The included PDF is smaller.
User 463060 Photo

4 posts

Hi Scott, thanks for the great offer. I promise to store this unique Special-Edition at a safe place, like a valuable stamp in a collection.:)

In a little bit unusual manner, but it works, the HTML-Editor now supports utf-encoding. In so far: you are in the right!

Maybe the developer team could make the next step in a future version by enhancing the save-dialog with an encoding-selection (for example: ansi, utf-8 without bom, utf-8, utf-16).

Under Theme/Layout Chooser or Preferences it would be nice, if the user could specify one or more folders for the themes, so it's not necessary to move existing themes to Documents and Settings or to use only this directory.

Image Mapper and Color Schemer are trimmed-down versions, what's different to the full versions?

Is there a chance to see again an older or trimmed-down version of the Sitemapper, which was formerly integrated in the editor (2008?) and used the definition list tags.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Jens Otto wrote:
Is there a chance to see again an older or trimmed-down version of the Sitemapper, which was formerly integrated in the editor (2008?) and used the definition list tags.

Awesome!!! :)

I doubt we will ever add sitemapper to the editor again. It just added too much confusion and cannibalized sales from the selling the application individually.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.