HTML Editor 2009: Couple of Bugs?

User 465126 Photo

40 posts

I might be doing something wrong, but I am using embedded CSS and everytime I enter a new CSS item the editor outputs it like this:

test }
{

It outputs the characters backwards and starts one of the characters on the next line. Also, that first character is not bold and the second one on the bottom line is bold. It's very annoying.

Bug#2

When I try to use the find or find and replace feature, it only seems to let me do one instance then it forgets the term I had entered. Example, it finds the first instance, I make my edits, I then press F3 to go to the next instance and it forgets what I had entered. It doesnt do anything anymore even though there are many more instances of the term I entered. I have to go back to the find feature and do it again. Any ideas what's going on?? Thanks
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I just tried to replicate both those issues here, but it works each time for me. What version and build of the editor are you using?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 465126 Photo

40 posts

Hey Scott, I'm using the 2009 Registered version build 302. What's strange is that when I start a completely new page/project, everything works fine. It's just when I am working on my current Project that I get this strange bug. I thought maybe my CSS code was invalid somewhere but I did a direct input validation on the W3 website and it validates perfectly.
User 148353 Photo

Ambassador
808 posts

JS,

Have you checked to see if you have an unclosed '{' somewhere above that in your document?

I am not at my usual computer right now so I cannot try it myself, but I was wondering if HTML Editor was trying to automatically close a tag that was left open. I'll try it later to see if I can replicate it.
"Time heals everything. Know who said that? My Latin teacher at barber college!"
- Floyd Lawson

Widoktadwat - "Plays Well With Others"

User 465126 Photo

40 posts

Lowell Ziegler wrote:
JS,

Have you checked to see if you have an unclosed '{' somewhere above that in your document?

I am not at my usual computer right now so I cannot try it myself, but I was wondering if HTML Editor was trying to automatically close a tag that was left open. I'll try it later to see if I can replicate it.

Nope. Everything is closed. Validates perfectly. I cannot figure this out. Its pretty frustrating and annoying.
User 1893163 Photo

Trial User
6 posts

I´ve had the same problem (On a Windows Vista computer), but when I tried to recreate the problem on a Windows XP, it works perfectly. Might it have to do with the OS?

BTW, I am running the HTML editor from a USB memory stick on the XP computer, but it is installed on the Vista computer. But it is the exact same program on both...
User 3004957 Photo

848 posts

Not confirmed here; Vista Business 32 latest build of CCHTMLE.

Both issues work as they should.

Dave.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

I talked with our programmer on this and here was the only suggestions he had.

The only thing I can think of with the css is that it might have line feeds in the file, instead of line feed + carriage returns. Check the Preferences, Files tab "Save files with the following extensions as Unix files" setting.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 465126 Photo

40 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
I talked with our programmer on this and here was the only suggestions he had.

The only thing I can think of with the css is that it might have line feeds in the file, instead of line feed + carriage returns. Check the Preferences, Files tab "Save files with the following extensions as Unix files" setting.

I checked that option in preferences and it's blank. Nothing out of the normal. I'm gonna uninstall and install again and see what happens.
User 465126 Photo

40 posts

well uninstalling and reinstalling didnt help. Still doing the same thing. I opened a brand new page and then copied and pasted the code from my project that I am working on and it started doing it again. I dont get it. My HTML and CSS validates perfectly so I know its not the code. Can the software have a bug with embedded CSS?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.