HTML Editor 2008 Crash - Page 3

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,465 posts
Online Now

Bill and Shane,

I tried installing LiveChat last night, but I didn't have any problems with the HTML Editor. But I was only testing html files. I'll have a go at some php files later today (just now I'm looking at a bee swarm outside here that I have to catch). ;)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Inger wrote:
Bill and Shane,

I tried installing LiveChat last night, but I didn't have any problems with the HTML Editor. But I was only testing html files. I'll have a go at some php files later today (just now I'm looking at a bee swarm outside here that I have to catch). ;)

Inger,

Good luck catching the swarm. I have seen photos of a swarm, but never actually seen a live swarm in action.

I once tried to keep a hive, but that was a long time ago and I probably didn't start with enough bees. They lost the battle with bald-faced-hornets.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Shane,

Just saved a PHP file. No problems.
User 503380 Photo

Trial User
1 post

Was a fix ever found to this thread? I d/l'd the HTML Editor today and it crashed with the same bit of messages as the first post in this thread.

I created a new project, opened a file, decided to click on the pin button to move the Project bit out of the way, when I tried bringing it back I got all those errors and a crash.

My project has one template file, the YUI dev kit and all its javascripts and css, and a set of html pages.

My computer is running Windows XP Media Center with SP2. Auto patch is enabled.
User 293374 Photo

35 posts

I don't think it was ever fixed.

Shane.
Windows 11 Home
User 484244 Photo

34 posts

Hello all.

I'm having i'd guess the same issue. Multiple 'Invalid Pointer' error messages, and multiple generic 'Address Violation' MSG$ boxes that all need a few thousand 'OK' clicks to disappear.

Thing is, i've realized something in the 2 days since purchasing the software...

One the Left Hand Side, there is a series of option tabs. Clicking on Code Snippets gives three options: DHTML, Javascript, and Snippets.

When this menu doubles and triples on me, I know I have to try and save my work cause it's about to seriously crash. Also, pressing the Arrow that points to the Left to Collapse the window works UNTIL i've opened a file. Pressing it with a file open causes the same errors over again.

Virus Scans come up negative. Windows Defender says nothing found. Running ZoneAlarm Security Suite. Windows XP SP3 (came installed on this system). Only update pending, according to MS, is a new one for Silverlight.

All drivers are current.

Paid a nice price for all this fancy software and it don't work to my satisfaction. Crashes are annoying. I can't seem to get any work done.

Hijack Info available if needed, if it will help.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Contractor, I see you sent us a support ticket today and Orlando Perez replied this morning asking for some information. If you can get back to him, we will try our best to help out.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 484244 Photo

34 posts

Sirs,

I sincerely hope you can fix this problem. I did the un-install, system clean, re-install cycle as thoroughly as possible. Used CCleaner and PC-Tuneup to accomplish the assigned tasks. All for naught, apparently. A clean re-install from a fresh download results in the same errors. Sent the various screen captures, and a copy of the Hijack log of running tasks.

System specs:
Windows XP Ver 5.1.2600, SP3, IE v7, running on
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.0 GHz(2 cores)
333MHz Bus Speed
L1 Cache: Data Cache 32KB, Code Cache 32KB per Processor Core
Intel DP35DP Board
BIOS Version: DPP3510J.86A.0437.2008.0521.1933
BIOS Date 5/21/08
Physical Memory: 4GB
Memory Speed: 800 MHz
Type: DD2, Synchronous

Video System:
nVidia GeForce 8500 GT, 512 MB memory
Driver Ver: 178.13
Stream Processors: 16
Video BIOS: 60.86.37.00.00
DirectX Ver: 9.0c

Hope the specs help.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Orlando is still waiting for your reply. We sent you a message on Oct 23 2008 08:43 AM but have not received any response.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 484244 Photo

34 posts

I sent him a response at 11:26 pm thursday evening. Sent the same response again just now. Or should I have posted my mail here?

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Orlando is still waiting for your reply. We sent you a message on Oct 23 2008 08:43 AM but have not received any response.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.