HTML Editor 2008-Adding Image to...

User 497512 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

Hi-
I'm trying out the trial version of the HTML Editor 2008. It includes some layouts. I'm trying to use one of the layouts, and I'm trying to add an image to the header so it will always appear the same. I get varying results as I try different things, but so far have been unable to do it.

I don't know if it is my lack of understanding of the CSS or what, but trying to add the image in the CSS header section to point to the file doesn't work. Also, using the visual editor and adding it as an image doesn't work either. Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

Marc
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Marc,

You may want to click on profile and change your forum name to something other than your email address, just to help keep your spam down.

What type of image are you using? What code are you using to style the image, and put it in place?

Can you provide a link showing what you are doing? If the link is not what you want, tell us what you want to be different. It is very likely that someone can help you get it the way you want it to be.
User 497512 Photo

Trial User
2 posts

Bill:
Thank you for pointing out the forum name-I don't know why it defaulted to that!

I can't show you since the web site isn't up yet. All I'm trying to do is add an image to the header in one of the layouts. I've tried .png and .jpg images. No luck. I've tried adding a line to the CSS header section that simply has the file name in quotes, and I've tried using background="XXX" where the file name is the xxx, including the complete path. Nothing seems to work.

It is probably my lack o CSS kowledge, but when I go to the WC3 site and look at how to do it and follow the instructions, that doesn't seem to work.

Thank you very much.
User 355448 Photo

Ambassador
3,144 posts

Marc,

Without know what you are trying to do, I am not sure how to help.

Try looking at the sites listed below and see if one of them is what you are wanting to do, and I can tell you how to do that.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.