Free HTML Editor and FrontPage 2003

User 1876930 Photo

1 post

First, I am not a programmer. I have designed my company website in Frontpage 2003. I want to add drop down menus to the home page. I tried the Free HTML editor. It was so easy. I think I will upgrade to the full coffee cup software. However, When I put the code in Frontpage, I can only see the menu in Preview mode. I am unable to see the menu in design mode. I need to place items above and below the drop down menu, but its a bit difficult when I can't see where the menu is. Any solutions?
Jeff
User 471275 Photo

Ambassador
1,130 posts

I think you used the Dhtml menu and copied it into Frontpage. This will not work in the Frontpage preview mode. If you are going to continue building the website in Frontpage it might be better off finding a drop down javascript menu.
Another suggestion would be to open the frontpage in the html editor and continue working on your website in the html editor instead of front page. The html editor has a split screen so you can see any changes you make.

Hope this helps.

User 239047 Photo

6 posts

Paste all your script into a box in FrontPage - that way you can find it easier when you need to edit it. DHTML will work in FP, but maybe not the DHTML created by the Free DHTML Editor.
Jim Moore - Web Designer
www.My-Webshop.org

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.