1000 Icons & other wonders for HTML...

User 153928 Photo

123 posts

G'Day from a new Coffee Cup user.

After searching high & low (& every place in between ;)), I finally decided on this great program.

Just wondering... on the html promo page it mentions over 1000 XP style icons, yet only 120 are included in the download... is this a typo or is there somewhere else to go that someone forgot to mention? 25,000 graphics are also on offer but only 54 in the download & no links to anywhere else??? I've been working pretty long hours at the moment - did I miss something?

With the FTP program. I didn't purchase this as it was mentioned this is included the the HTML program & the only difference was the ability to edit files on line yet it doesn't seem to offer the visual display the the separate FTP program does? There was an option to create a server profile & upload but I couldn't see where it was really going & what was on my web site (files & folders). When I tried the FTP program it was very clear & I had the option of actually uploading individual files rather than the job lot. I only have snail-band here & it's painfully slow... it shows 0kb/second it's that bad.

I guess my question would be, & the line I'm thinking is, that it would be beneficial to get the separate FTP program for the above reasons. Would you agree or have I missed something in the html's built-in ftp program.

Thanks.
Robbie :D
User 137856 Photo

Ambassador
82 posts

Robbie Noordzy wrote:
G'Day from a new Coffee Cup user.

After searching high & low (& every place in between ;)), I finally decided on this great program.

Just wondering... on the html promo page it mentions over 1000 XP style icons, yet only 120 are included in the download... is this a typo or is there somewhere else to go that someone forgot to mention? 25,000 graphics are also on offer but only 54 in the download & no links to anywhere else??? I've been working pretty long hours at the moment - did I miss something?

With the FTP program. I didn't purchase this as it was mentioned this is included the the HTML program & the only difference was the ability to edit files on line yet it doesn't seem to offer the visual display the the separate FTP program does? There was an option to create a server profile & upload but I couldn't see where it was really going & what was on my web site (files & folders). When I tried the FTP program it was very clear & I had the option of actually uploading individual files rather than the job lot. I only have snail-band here & it's painfully slow... it shows 0kb/second it's that bad.

I guess my question would be, & the line I'm thinking is, that it would be beneficial to get the separate FTP program for the above reasons. Would you agree or have I missed something in the html's built-in ftp program.

Thanks.
Robbie :D

Hey Robbie
Nice to meet you I am Joe. Man can I feel your pain I too have been designing for only a short period of time and the learning curve is well let's just say of "mammoth" proportions for me. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any help at jvrn@cox.net. To answer your question on the ftp program I tried using the internal ftp and had many issues with it as well. I finally broke down and first trialed the stand alone ftp program then eventually bought it. I like this much better it is faster and less troublesome. You just drop the files etc that you want to transfer and it is pretty snappy. I hope that this helps. Let me know if I can be of any assistance in my small mind of cyberscience. Talk soon
Joe V
Joe J Varela III RN, BSN, CCRN-CSC-CMC, CRNI
www.joevarela.com
User 153928 Photo

123 posts

Thanks Joe, appreciate that.

Working on my site at the moment & should have something to post in the next couple of days all going well. Will definitely get the ftp program as well - the built in one doesn't seem to even be a patch on the full program...

Just a question to throw out there again. I did send an email to software support this morning... just wondering for the miriads of other users of the 2006 HTML program, did anyone else get the icons & graphics mentioned in the list of features? Surely it's available somewhere if it's listed right?

Silence...

Robbie :|
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Robbie

Here is how to get those 1000 graphics you asked about:

Open HTML Editor
Click Tools and down to Other Software & Services
Click More Graphics

Download to your hearts content. Enjoy them!

As far as an Standalone FTP Client is concerned, well it is swings and roundabouts here. Some people just can't get on with the FTP that is included in the programme! I would try it first before you spend any more of your hard earned cash. But Joe is right, the standalone FTP is quick and easy and it is just a case of dragging and dropping. If you are butter fingered like me, then the dropping bit is a big bonus.

Download the trial version of CC FTP and give it a go - try before you buy.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 153928 Photo

123 posts

Thanks Mark (& Michelle!) :D

Appreciate that greatly. Already downloaded the big icons. Have to say I'm really impressed. Been checking out what's available on the net & managed to find a number of sites that charge big $$$ for stuff that comes with the editor for nix. Talk about value.

As for the FTP program, I have already downloaded it & while again it's extra money, the (relative-still coming to grips with all this stuff) ease of use for me will make the choice to buy something of a no-brainer.

Again thanks for the feedback.
Did you get your ambassadorship yet Mark? For all the posting you seem to do, maybe they're making you a special title - maybe 'World Ambassador' :D

Regards
Robbie
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Robbiie - Yes I got it, but know special title.

Glad the info was helpful, enjoy those great graphics. Remember to post a link to your site so we can all come and enjoy the fruits of your partnership with Coffeecup and all your hard work as well. Also, I am sure you will find the standalone FTP much easier in the long run.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Ok - Here is a site I just saw, http://www.coolarchive.com/ with free images, icons etc. Had a quick look, not as good as CC, but may well be worth investigating.

Mark
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 1913662 Photo

13 posts

Guys, I'm just wondering here:

My site is http://www.2010diary.co.uk/

As you can see, it is designed in dreamweaver, but i've used lots of little touches, form coffee cup, to add some colour.

But, what exactly do you get FREE with the coffee cup software ?

I mean, is it worth buying it, just for the freebies, even though i may never use the html editor ?

Does anyone have any sites with some of the stuff on, so i can see if it's worht me paying a few pounds, just for the freebs ?

Cheers,
Mike
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya again BMAFM,

Both the sites in my signature were created entirely with Coffeecup software. I use HTML Editor for my main building, the Form Builder for all my forms (on my shop site pages you'll see forms for not only my newsletter, but also many of my products have a form built on them that allow people to alert me that they want to know when something is restocked), the Color Schemer has been my best friend from the day I purchased it a couple years ago or so. I recieved a complimentary version of it a bunch of years ago for putting links on my site at that time, and decided a couple years ago to upgrade that to the paid version (complimentary versions don't include updates so it was getting pretty old hehe).

DirectFTP has been my main FTP program now for about 4 months or so since I purchased the whole package of CC products. Web Access Manager is used on my personal site for protecting some folders that I am sharing with friends. Although my personal site is starting over after a long time of using Joomla CMS and changing it to HTML, I used the Photo Gallery for quite a while for many galleries that were on my site for family and friends photos etc.

I of course use Shopping Cart Creator and Designer Pro for my shop which is completely done with CC Software, also in my signature. My Home, Newletter, Contact Us and About Us pages of my shop are done using HTML Editor, and the rest of the pages are created with the Cart Creator.

I'm sure I am probably forgetting a couple things that I use, but that's the main selection of programs I use on a regular basis from Coffee Cup.

Hope that helps, and if it's worth anything to mention it, CC software is very good. Yes I am the first to admit that many are quite out of date, and a few of them aren't very useful or are a bit too buggy at best, but they are working on them and will hopefully get some new versions of the older stuff out at some point. But my honest opinion is that the high rate of usefulness of the main programs by CC far outweigh the cons of the few that aren't so hot at the moment.

So far every program I mentioned above that I use is very well done, and if not fully complete they have many updates to see that they will be, such as the Shopping Cart Creator which will be coming out with a Pro version soon to help those of use that need more functionality in their shops.

I can tell you one thing for 100% sure. There is very little in Dreamweaver that you won't find in CC HTML Editor. I used Dreamweaver MX for many many years and I only miss a couple features and never miss them enough to spend that kind of money again. You see there is also one very very very great thing about Coffee Cup Software.....

Not only does it function great, work as well as any of those higher priced softwares do, is way way way cheaper than the average high priced softwares, but it's a one time fee! That right there saves you hundreds if not thousands of dollars in yearly update fees for all the programs you use outside of Coffee Cup.

Having said all that, I've no clue what freebies you're talking about lol. The main thing you get FREE is Upgrades for Life!! Other than that they do throw in a few things every once in a while, and have awesome sales like right now on the HTML Editor and Themes (not sure if these are still running the sales or not though).

Hope that helps you to see what I see in Coffee Cup, and good luck on your decision :)
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Mike wants to buy the program for the "freebies", but he does not yet know what - if any - freebies there are...???
And this in a thread, where the last post was three and a half years ago...
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.