V.S.D 5.94 issue

User 2130925 Photo

261 posts

I just downloaded the update to VSD 5.9.4 I adjusted a picture, then clicked to upload, and saw a pop up message saying certain files could not be found and did I want to upload anyway.

Then VSD asks me if I want to see the error log and I say yes, but nothing opens to show me.

What is going on?

Thank you :)
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,457 posts

Could you please provide us with a link to what you have uploaded, and perhaps also tell us which 'certain files' were not found? That would help us tracking down the problem.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

FilmHistorian wrote:
I just downloaded the update to VSD 5.9.4 I adjusted a picture, then clicked to upload, and saw a pop up message saying certain files could not be found and did I want to upload anyway.

Then VSD asks me if I want to see the error log and I say yes, but nothing opens to show me.

What is going on?

Was the issue with that image you just added or with something else? Are you sure the file is there? If you go into the Remove Files, look at all the items, are they each there?
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 128259 Photo

Ambassador
24 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
FilmHistorian wrote:

What is going on?

Was the issue with that image you just added or with something else? Are you sure the file is there? If you go into the Remove Files, look at all the items, are they each there?

Actually, I had this exact same issue with the newest upgrade – I had to click 'yes' to the million pop up messages that told me those files couldn’t be found and did I still want to upload anyway. Well, not a million but definitely more than 20! :/ And even when I got to the end where it would be making the connection to upload, it then showed an 'upload error' and didn't upload anything. NONE of the files that were previously attached to the site I was working on were there...but when I opened the list under 'remove files' it showed them all being there, but when I tried to upload, the program kept telling me they weren’t there. I checked the folders where the website 'saved' to, sure enough, none of the files that were previously 'attached' were there anymore (I had saved to a new folder to make sure I had a backup of the old files like I do with each successive upgrade, and when I saved to the new folder, even though there was still a list of the attached files, there weren’t any in the folder(s) where the site saved to. First time the files showed still attached, but didn't seem to 'follow' when saved. That also included all the miscellaneous and flash files that were created with other CoffeeCup programs, by the way – it didn’t automatically ‘pull’ those in like it’s ‘supposed’ to…Since they still showed as attached (per the list in ‘remove files’) I copied the files over to the new saved folder from the previously saved folder to see if that would ‘force’ the program to upload, but that didn’t work...so I tried several things – including uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling (twice) the newest upgrade and still no luck...until I went into the 'remove files' and removed EVERY file on the list, then manually added them back again, after which I was finally able to upload my updated website successfully. :D

I also clicked on the message asking if I wanted to see the error log and nothing came up...
stacyuncorked.com
princessnagger.com
sassydolls.com

Dance like no one's watching...
Love like you'll never be hurt...
Sing like no one's listening...
And live like heaven on earth.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

One of the quickest ways to fix the issues with linking our other Flash applications is to just delete the files under the Remove Files area and then re-add them back with the Flash Tool. This will cleanup any of the database problems. This should fix this for any future updates to your Website.

This process would probably be quicker doing it this way then clicking yes a bunch of times.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 128259 Photo

Ambassador
24 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
One of the quickest ways to fix the issues with linking our other Flash applications is to just delete the files under the Remove Files area and then re-add them back with the Flash Tool. This will cleanup any of the database problems. This should fix this for any future updates to your Website.

This process would probably be quicker doing it this way then clicking yes a bunch of times.

Thanks, Scott - that's exactly what I just did with another website I was updating and it worked like a charm! ;)
stacyuncorked.com
princessnagger.com
sassydolls.com

Dance like no one's watching...
Love like you'll never be hurt...
Sing like no one's listening...
And live like heaven on earth.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.