VSD 5.8.5 internet connection

User 407649 Photo

8 posts

I am entering the set up internet information with no luck. When I test the internet connection I get nothing. I have uploaded my website to test run it at www.home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-usdeafsoccer.com with no problems. Our official site is hosted by GoDaddy. I am replacing a previous web site that someone else created. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Terri
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,456 posts

The given URL doesn't get me to any site, but could it be this one?:

http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep= … 02&ck=

I found that site by removing the last '.com' from the URL you wrote.

Maybe typing too many parameters into the host address at the server is what prevents you to connect with VSD?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 407649 Photo

8 posts

Sorry, I shouldn't have put the last .com in. The bellsouth url isn't where I want my web site to go. It needs to be at www.usdeafsoccer.com hosted by GoDaddy. I am sorry if I am being a dunce, usually I can figure things out but this one has me stumped.

Thanks
Terri
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,456 posts

Are you able to get connected to your server by using the url as your host name + your given userID and password? If you can navigate to your server, you should see a folder that probably is called public_html. That's where you have to upload your files.
Let's hope someone who uses GoDaddy will step in and give you some advice. A guy named Bruce should be able to help.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 407649 Photo

8 posts

I have a root file and an index.html directory. Do I need to create a public_html folder?

Thank you for responding. I wasn't sure how many people worked or helped over the weekend.
User 132952 Photo

Ambassador
3,120 posts

It depends on the hosting service (GoDaddy in this case) on whether or not your files are stored in a /public_html folder. If logging into your space with any FTP program goes directly into the folder where your files are stored, then you should not need to specify a remote folder when connecting ("WWW folder" in VSD's settings). So, what exactly do you get when you say you "get nothing" during the test?
After hitting the Test button, there should be info filled in the Test & Log boxes. :|
User 407649 Photo

8 posts

Adam
There is no information in the test or log boxes. It is completely blank.

:/
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Hi USDeal,
your connection should look like this with your info though.
http://nic-nacs-plus.com/web/ylllekconnect.png
in your root there will be an index.html , so you know you in the right place. Just upload there. In the WWW slot will be as shown.
let us know please if it doesn't work for you.
Adam I could use some arrows here lol.

User 407649 Photo

8 posts

Bruce,
Where do I find the "My Sites" form?

Terri
User 407649 Photo

8 posts

Bruce,
What I really need to know is if I am putting the correct information in the Set Up Internet Connection form.

FTP server: usdeafsoccer.com
Username: xxxxxxxxxxxx (should this be from GoDaddy?)
Password: xxxxxxxxx (password from GoDaddy as well?)
WWW: I have tried blank, /, index_html, /index_html, public_html, /username an probably some I can't remember.

When I tried these I get no internet connection, completely blank, when I try the Test Internet Connection button.

I really need to get this site up because the Deaf Team is planning a trip to the first Deaf World Cup games this summer and they need to be able to let any potential sponsors get to the site. Thank you for your patience and help. I am sorry to be such a "blonde" lol.

<sigh>

Terri

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.