Upload changes ONLY for VSD!! - Page...

User 372605 Photo

34 posts

Hello....I have been patiently waiting to be contacted with the news that we can now just upload our changes to the already existing VSD sites instead of having to wait for the entire site to reload each time we make a change. I know if you make changes, do your first up load that it reloads the whole site, and that if you then leave the program open you can make changes and then have the option to only upload the changes, but this is not usually how one updates their websites, at least I dont I make all my changes and then upload, I may not make any more for a week and I certainly do not want to leave the program open so that I can have the option to upload just the changes. Is this ever going to improve??
thankfully I don't have any limits on how much uploading I can do, at least not so far.

Wanda
User 2130925 Photo

261 posts

I am not sure if you and I mean the same thing Wanda.

Read my posts on this. Is that what you mean as well?

I was told by someone at CoffeeCup it would be fixed in the new version after 5.8.1 but so far I can't find the feature. Maybe you mean a different thing.

I am a bit green at this. ;)
User 372605 Photo

34 posts

FilmHistorian wrote:
I am not sure if you and I mean the same thing Wanda.

Read my posts on this. Is that what you mean as well?

I was told by someone at CoffeeCup it would be fixed in the new version after 5.8.1 but so far I can't find the feature. Maybe you mean a different thing.

I am a bit green at this. ;)

This is EXACTLY what I mean, it is a pain to have to wait for everything to reload, when you only changed one thing on the site.

I dont think it has been changed on the latest version either, we have not uploaded with it yet.

Wanda
User 2130925 Photo

261 posts

I am glad I am not the only one this bothers. I asked about it here after version 5.8.1, and Scott, (who is great), from CoffeeCup told me they were going to fix it in the next version, which was 5.8.3, but it was not fixed as far as I could tell. I could be wrong. I did just update to the new, new version, (lol) 5.8.4 but I can't find where they fixed it.

I mentioned about it again, but have not heard anything. Maybe Scott is on vacation. I will say, they really listen to their customers, so I am sure they will fix it.

For FlashFireStarter, which is a great program in itself, I hope maybe they can have it accept gif and png so we can use those formats, since they support tranparent backgrounds.

That would be nice. :)
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We have not forgotten about it. We are working on a whole new way for the upload process to work, but it will incorporate everything you have all been asking for. I would like to say it will be here soon, but it will take us a bit to really work it all out.

We will do our best to make this a speedy fix.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 372605 Photo

34 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
We have not forgotten about it. We are working on a whole new way for the upload process to work, but it will incorporate everything you have all been asking for. I would like to say it will be here soon, but it will take us a bit to really work it all out.

We will do our best to make this a speedy fix.

Thanks Scott...we have been waiting quit a while, I think its a year or so for myself...so I look forward to this being here soon, and maybe an update about the progress from time to time so we don't think we have been forgotten about!

Also, on a side note, how do I change my log in information to retrieve updates, I was able to download the latest ones with my old email address, just by luck it still worked, I had asked for the change over some time ago to the new email address but that has never taken affect. The update has added my new address to the newsletter updates, but not to retreive my new updates. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
Wanda
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

You can update everything through www.coffeecup.com/myprofile or call us at 361-887-7778 and we can do it for you over the phone.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 372605 Photo

34 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
You can update everything through www.coffeecup.com/myprofile or call us at 361-887-7778 and we can do it for you over the phone.

Thanks Scott I just checked it on my profile and it is listed as my new address but when we want to log in to get the newest versions of something we have to use the old one still. I will check online first if that doesn'at work I will call.
Thanks for the info.
Wanda
:o)
User 2130925 Photo

261 posts

WH. Wow !

CoffeeCup is now up to version 5. 8. 5, so they should have this issue fixed real soon I am guessing.

Excellent!

:)
User 2130925 Photo

261 posts

WH, Have you heard anything yet on when the corrected version will be out?

Thanks. ;)

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.