Post your website here! - Page 76 -...

User 244141 Photo

Ambassador
1,209 posts

Very good use of colors Half, and the front page logo is great!
Web Design: https://www.websnoogie.com
Member - BBB: Websnoogie, LLC

User 398714 Photo

3 posts

Thanks Jo Ann. I made the fix. Thank you for the kind words about the website as well.
User 398714 Photo

3 posts

Thank You Sirage! Appreciate it!
User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

Anytime. :D
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Cory looking good, just one thing viewed in firefox your welcome page has 75% screen width scroll bar and when you scroll sideways theres a huge blank blue section about 1/3 rd page width

Looks nice very easy to navigate
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 406238 Photo

199 posts

Love, love, love CoffeeCup. I think this is my fifth site created with VSD www.stagecraftfilm.com
Our personal site www.grandbanks42.com
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Nice site Boyd, only one major thing that I would highly suggest changing. Drop the centering of all the text it's extremely annoying, looks amateurish and makes it harder to read. I would suggest a left aligned text setup as that's much easier to read. Other than that it functions for exactly what you need.
User 539803 Photo

2,156 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Nice site Boyd, only one major thing that I would highly suggest changing. Drop the centering of all the text it's extremely annoying, looks amateurish and makes it harder to read.

JoAnn I think this is a VSD thing :( I fall foull of this one on my sites doing exactly the same thing because its hard to get those extra spaces coders use to neaten things up...................next line...........
I found a solution by adding an object same colour as the page and entering the text as button text , but its tricky in WYSIWYG but this solution works
Started using CC VSD in January 2009, I don't do HTML code, Sales from CC site exceeding expectations taken me out of semi-retirement
Hosted FREE on CC S DRIVE www.chauffeurdrivenluxurycars.co.uk
My new VSD & SCCP site Oct 2011 www.deloreanjewellery.co.uk
My friendly window cleaner www.mwcwindowcleaner.co.uk

User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

Boyd,

Nice site and interesting subject matter!

I must admit that I don't have quite as strong an aversion against centered text as Jo Ann does... ;) In fact, I think it may be OK in this case. I would, however, break it up into three paragraphs, with a bit of space in between, to make it easier to read.

There is a white bar consistently blocking part of your photo gallery from the left. It looks like it originates from a too-wide text box (or whatever it's called in VSD...) containing your facebook like box. Since I don't use VSD, I don't really know how to fix that, but if Paintbrush or Eric were to drop by, they would know instantly!

There is one thing that I feel almost as strongly about as Jo Ann does about centered text, namely this: I would definitely lose that "Free Hit Counter" that you have in the lower right area. It doesn't really add anything of value and your home page would look much more 'balanced' without it!
User 1948478 Photo

Senior Advisor
1,850 posts

PS: Just noticed that the white bar covering part of your photo gallery does not appear in Firefox. It does, however, in Chrome16, Opera11.61 and IE9. (see attached screenshot from IE9)
Attachments:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.