Index files not be overwitten with...

User 454722 Photo

15 posts

Hello, since downloading the latest version of VSD it doesn't seem to be saving the latest version of the index files. When I look at all my pages they are all saved with the same time and date, except for the two index.HTML files. Everything else works. The two index files have a date showing those before the upgrade, but it has corrupted them as well. If you want to see its http:/www.mikes-models.com . Its very frustrating can anyone help?

Mike
gauisus opus per metal
User 2489107 Photo

162 posts

Hello Metal Mike,

I would be more than happy to help you with any questions that you may have about our software. This could happen for many reasons, but the most common fix I have seen work would be to completely remove all files that pertain to the site from the server, then re-upload the site to see if it will help. If you are still having problems, I would like to see If you could open a support ticket as this will take some looking into and I will probably need to ask for some sensitive information. To open a support ticket you will need to to visit our website at ( http://www.coffeecup.com/contact/ ) then enter in the according information if you are using an email that our system cannot except, just enter me@me.me and provide a link to this post with a brief description.

Thank you,
User 436416 Photo

87 posts

metal mike wrote:
When I look at all my pages they are all saved with the same time and date, except for the two index.HTML files.

The newer VSD (starting with 5.9 I think) only creates index.html -- the default.html and index.htm are no longer used or created. So, if your folder has these files, there are not updated on a Save or Upload.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is correct. You can actually delete these. However, in the 5.9.3 version we deleted these automatically.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.