Bug in VSD 5.8.5 Maybe? Keywords and...

User 425134 Photo

2 posts

Hi,
Firstly, I think that VSD is the best and fastest webdesign package out there, so hats off to you guys!
I did notice something that 'might' be a slight bug which is the source code 'keywords' and 'description' tags for each page can be individually set for each specific page you design(which is great) but when you save your project, VSD appearS to save whatever the last keywords/description info was set to for ALL the pages!
So when you view your source code for different pages the 'keywords' and 'description' tags are all the same for all pages of your site.
As I said I'm not sure if it's me or the program.
So if anyone has any ideas that would be helpful, then great.
It's not a BIG problemfor me, just an annoyance because I have to individually save each page's keywords each and every time I do an upload.Any suggestions??
User 282670 Photo

3,940 posts

Mark,
that is a hassle for sure. but what you could do is either place the meta tags on each page individually using the html tool, or try using the "edit header" under the edit tab in VSD.(each page also for both suggestions).
But note that there will still be a meta tag there that VSD makes itself, you may have to remove, I don't know if any of what I mentioned will interfere with that.

User 23890 Photo

Ambassador
22 posts

I use the (direct ftp)from coffeecup it makes it easy to put your tags on each page faster than a control panel.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.