The Scheduler allows you to set an uploading schedule for your sitemap.
- Enable Automatic Uploading: Select this checkbox to enable the automatic uploading feature.
- Minimize to Tray Instead of Close: Select this checkbox if you would like to minimize the Scheduler to your program tray when you click the X in the upper right-hand corner instead of closing it outright. This keeps the Scheduler running in the background.
- Launch Scheduler on Computer Startup: Select this checkbox if you would like the Scheduler to open automatically whenever you start your computer.
- Upload Schedule: Select your desired uploading schedule using these options.
- Upload Now: Opens the “My Servers Window” window, which allows you to add new servers or edit existing ones.
- Add Sitemap: Click this button to add a sitemap file to the Sitemaps to Automatically Update and Upload list. This opens the “Add Sitemap Window” window, which allows you to select your sitemap file and the server where you would like to upload it.
- Delete Sitemap: To remove a sitemap from the Sitemaps to Automatically Update and Upload list, select it and then click this button.
- Minimize to Tray: Minimizes the Scheduler to your program tray. This keeps the Scheduler running in the background.
- Log: Switches to Log view, which provides information about your automatic uploads. This can come in handy if you have experience issues with this feature.
Add Sitemap Window
The Add Sitemap window allows you to select a sitemap file and the server where it will be uploaded.
- Sitemap: Click the Browse button to select the sitemap file you’d like to add to the scheduler
- Server: Select the server you want to upload your sitemap to from the drop-down menu.
- Add/Edit Server: Opens the “My Servers Window” window, which allows you to add new servers or edit existing ones.
- Remote Folder to Upload To: Click the Browse button to select where you’d like to upload your sitemap to.
The Sitemap Error Report window, accessed by going to Tools > Error Report lists any response codes Sitemapper encountered while scanning your website. You can also open this window with the Ctrl+G keyboard shortcut.
- URL: The URL that returned the response code.
- Referring URL: The URL containing a link to the URL that returned the response code.
- Status Code: The response code (e.g. 404).
- Description: A description of the response code.
This information comes in handy because Sitemapper uses a similar spider to the one used by Google, Bing, and Yandex. This means that any response codes Sitemapper finds will also be found by the major search engines. Therefore, it’s in your best interest to correct these issues as soon as possible.