Adding videos from YouTube (or any other video sharing service) to a page created in Visual Site Designer is simple. Just follow these steps to embed a video on your page:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1XC_vXz3U7g&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1XC_vXz3U7g&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
- Visit the webpage that contains the video you want to embed in your Visual Site Designer page. Many video sharing sites will provide the code you need to paste on any page where you want the video to appear. On YouTube, this code is located on the right-hand side of the page, and looks like this:
- Copy this code to your Windows clipboard by highlighting it, right-clicking it, and selecting Copy.
- Open the page in Visual Site Designer where you want to embed the video.
- Click the HTML tool in the left toolbar.
- Click the location on your page where you would like the video to appear. This opens the Insert HTML window.
- Paste the HTML coded provided by the video sharing service in the provided field and click OK.
- A square labeled "Preview Not Available" will appear on your page. Resize this box to the approximate size of the video you have added. This is just a visual reference for the benefit of your design; the video will automatically resize to the proper dimensions when you publish it to your server.