You can locate pre-made counter scripts at HotScripts.com that you can add to a page created in Visual Site Designer. Follow these step-by-step instructions to add a counter to your website:
- Create your button using an online counter service like HotScripts.com.
- Copy the HTML code to your Windows clipboard.
- Open Visual Site Designer.
- Open the page where you want the counter to display.
- Click the HTML tool in the left toolbar and then click anywhere on your page.
- Enter a name (such as "Counter") in the HTML Object Name field.
- Paste the code into the Body HTML tab.
- Click OK.
Click the Preview button in the top toolbar to view the counter on your page. Because the counter's action and appearance are stored on another system, you can upload your work to your server without any additional steps.
Note: If you would like to know how many visitors have come to your website, as well as other comprehensive statistics, you may want to check out a service like Google Analytics.