Need to revert to VSD 2.5 but... -...

User 2699991 Photo

4,799 posts
Online Now

Melissa Rhiannon wrote:
Well the RSD 2.5 rebuild is coming along nicely - almost done, but I'm getting an error and it's not exporting the images.

Update: I've looked further into this and it appears to be missing an image that isn't even used in the site anymore.

I think
You need re-name your project file
you then open the newly renamed project file
and save it to a different location
that should work
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

I actually did that, Wayan. It's my habit to rename and save every so often, according to date.

For some reason it's balking because of a file that's no longer being used, and then not saving any of the images in the images folder.
Attachments:
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 2699991 Photo

4,799 posts
Online Now

Melissa Rhiannon wrote:
I actually did that, Wayan. It's my habit to rename and save every so often, according to date.

For some reason it's balking because of a file that's no longer being used, and then not saving any of the images in the images folder.

what I meant was You maybe need rename the project file again ADUH
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Just heard that they shut down the schools here today, because it was -11 F at 8 AM, WITHOUT the wind chill!

Anyway, thanks for the hints Wayan. It turned out to be that some directories and their sub-directories had gotten WRITE protected, and it was trying to save the images and couldn't. AND my attempts to un-protect them weren't working. So yes, I made new top directories, moved things into them, and it exported just fine. Whew! Yay!

So I'm about to upload my latest results to /test/ and see how it looks. Thanks!
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Melissa, the warning message you posted is showing that when you export your project, you are selecting the wrong location, so that you get the exported files inside the exported files inside your exported files inside... you see what I mean?
The correct way of doing it would be (as an example): If I want to export something to Desktop, when asked to select the folder, I select 'desktop'. The programme creates a folder on my desktop by the name of 'whatever-project_exported'. Then, after a bit more editing, I save and export again. When asked to select folder, I select 'desktop' again, NOT the previously created 'whatever-project_exported'. If I do, I get a new 'whatever-project_exported' inside the first one.
So, at each export I always select the 'desktop' as my destination, and the programme will overwrite the previously exported files.
However, if I don't want to have them overwritten, I still select 'desktop', after having saved as with a new name, like e.g. whatever-project-2 or so.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Another thing, Melissa. I had a look at your test project. Open it, and scroll down to the part just below the two alternating images. You will see that the content is jumping up and down in sync with the changing images. That is because the images don't have the same proportions. I would think that visitors to your site will be annoyed by that jumping. Better give the images the same dimensions and proportions.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 379556 Photo

1,535 posts

There is another matter that I think has been overlooked regarding failures to save etc. The maximum path length in Windows is 260 characters/symbols/spaces etc. The image (RSD REBUILD NOT EXPORTING IMAGES.jpg) in a post above shows a path length exceeding that (it's about 275 characters I think).

Frank
User 283347 Photo

388 posts

Hey Melissa,

I had a similar situation with regard to reloading the program but picture files missing... this is from Suzanne with CC...
p.s. (be sure to SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS to ensure you can find what you are looking for)
"Hi Mark,

It sounds like the database has gotten corrupted. What you will need to do is delete the internal database so that you can start fresh again. This should hopefully fix you up. Here is where you can locate the database:

C:\Users[username]AppData\Roaming\SharedSettings.ccs

Just delete that file and restart the software. "

Give it a try. It worked for me.

Good Luck!
MJ
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,450 posts

Wait!
Before you delete it, one thing: If you are using Direct FTP (DFTP) and have access details for web hosting, like server, username and password, make a copy of those details! When you delete the shared settings file, those details will be gone too!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 283347 Photo

388 posts

Hey Inger,
Good advice...I did not lose any login credentials, but maybe I was lucky. I'll do that next time just in case.
MJ

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.