Need to revert to VSD 2.5 but... -...

User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Now that I upgraded, I have no idea how to use V3, and need to revert to VSD 2.5 so I can rebuild my existing site that somehow got wiped out during the transition. But when I look at my purchases, it only shows VSD for OSx, and I use Windows 8.1.

Can both of these softwares work on the same PC, without one deleting the other, as happened when I installed V3?
Because I can continue to try to learn V3 later, while keeping 2.5 files in another folder, but it requires that the two versions don't delete the other one of them.

Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Melissa Rhiannon wrote:
Now that I upgraded, I have no idea how to use V3, and need to revert to VSD 2.5 so I can rebuild my existing site that somehow got wiped out during the transition. But when I look at my purchases, it only shows VSD for OSx, and I use Windows 8.1.

Can both of these softwares work on the same PC, without one deleting the other, as happened when I installed V3?
Because I can continue to try to learn V3 later, while keeping 2.5 files in another folder, but it requires that the two versions don't delete the other one of them.

You should still have v2.5 installed, you can have both on your pc,

BUT to open any RSD project file you should right click the RSD file & choose "Open With" (choose Responsive Site Designer" from the list.
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

It is not VSD you want, but RSD! I haven't tried version 2.5 nor 3.0 on win8.1, but I guess they can, unless 8.1 is too old for them (meaning lacking important features or so.). But I thought you were getting help from Scott Larson?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Thanks Inger, I keep mixing the names up. I had RSD 2.5 installed and it was definitely uninstalled by V3. It's not on the PC anymore.

I thought I was getting help from Scott too. No comment.
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

have you done a search on your pc for

responsive-site-designer-full-win-en-2.5-2425.exe
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
have you done a search on your pc for
responsive-site-designer-full-win-en-2.5-2425.exe

Yes - nowhere to be found. The desktop icon disappeared, as did 2.5, when V3 installed. I'm adept at PC's so I know where to look for the 2.5 .exe and it's been erased.

I looked at My Purchases on this site, and it has RSD 2.5 available for download, but only for OSx and not for Windows.

Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Good news! I was able to find and restore responsive-site-designer-full-win-en-2.5-2425.exe from my IDrive backup account. Will see if I can get it working, after I get some lunch. :P

202,694,392 bytes.
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Melissa Rhiannon wrote:
Good news! I was able to find and restore responsive-site-designer-full-win-en-2.5-2425.exe from my IDrive backup account. Will see if I can get it working, after I get some lunch. :P

202,694,392 bytes.

Yes - nowhere to be found.
I'm adept at PC's so I know where to look for the 2.5 .exe and it's been erased.
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Melissa Rhiannon wrote:

202,694,392 bytes.

Yes - nowhere to be found.
I'm adept at PC's so I know where to look for the 2.5 .exe and it's been erased.

Wayan, IDrive is off site backup, and it gets done every day, so I didn't even think it would still exist there.
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10
User 404575 Photo

887 posts

Well the RSD 2.5 rebuild is coming along nicely - almost done, but I'm getting an error and it's not exporting the images.

Update: I've looked further into this and it appears to be missing an image that isn't even used in the site anymore.
Attachments:
Melissa Rhiannon
OS Windows 10

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.