Introduce Yourself - Page 23 - Post...

User 125842 Photo

Ambassador
69 posts

Welcome onboard Lovepedal
User 2393447 Photo

1 post

Happy to be with you. Very old (+ 60) french psychologist living in Sweden . I have been into computers since the sixties and was trained on IBM 1440 for creating Fortran and Cobol applications. Unfortunately I went to psychology working with my ears, paper and pencil. So
the business of creating a homepage is new to me. I hope it wont be difficult and with the forums gratious help I will probably succeed.
ebourq
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Erich and welcome to CC and the forums. Have fun with the site building, it can get frustrating, but it's extremely gratifying when you get things worked out!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

Erich, PCs have come a long way since Fortran and Cobol were in. Welcome to us, we'll help you getting through the jungle safely. How do you intend building your site? Using code or drag and drop?
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2073552 Photo

1,625 posts

erich bourq wrote:
Happy to be with you. Very old (+ 60) french psychologist living in Sweden . I have been into computers since the sixties and was trained on IBM 1440 for creating Fortran and Cobol applications. Unfortunately I went to psychology working with my ears, paper and pencil. So
the business of creating a homepage is new to me. I hope it wont be difficult and with the forums gratious help I will probably succeed.

Welcome Erich! Age is but a number. We are willing to help you figure things out! All you have to do is ask... :P
"An Apple doth not fall far from its tree, yet an orange does."

https://lbwebsitedesign.com - Responsive Web Design & Web Hosting Services.
http://helpsite.sirage.com - HTML5, CSS3 and CC Help Video Blog.
User 2210685 Photo

8 posts

A quick intro seems in order. I have been very impressed with the quality and tone of the CC forum family during my lurking days, and expect to be here often as I embark on a new web phase...

I'm in Western Washington in the US (Bill Gates' country), and since I am a 63-year-old geek I can remember most of the history of modern computing first hand. My first computer (to program and work on as part of an LA City School program) was an early DEC PDP-8 in the mid 60's -- code entry by toggle switch to boot a paper-tape reader. (OK, it's been a long time. Could have been a PDP-5. Definitely 12-bit.) I soon was working on IBM 360-91's at UCLA, and went on to my Assembler, FORTRAN, and PL-1 days.

My first real PC was in the mid-80's. I owned an early "Portable" (at least transportable) Compaq. Size and weight of a sewing machine, but would fit under an airplane seat. Wrote my dissertation on that beast. Was able to afford a desktop (when Michael Dell was still selling them as "PC Limited" computers out of a single room storefront in Austin).

Because my primary career has been as a statistical scientist engaged in research, I have maintained my "geekness" to a large extent. I have even written HTML along the way and put together some simple websites (my description -- "clean and elegant") that would look pretty boring and old-fashioned as commercial websites. So primarily to extend my knowledge, keep my brain functioning, and because it's fun (plus keeping up with my children and grandchildren), I am going to use various CC products (have used HTML editor the most in the past) to help some friends replace a website for their business from scratch. I'm planning on switching them to the S-Drive with some bells and whistles, so I expect I will be back here for some help and ideas.

Look forward to getting to know you, and eventually being able to contribute myself!
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Sandy and welcome to the forums! Sounds like you'll have your hands full but your background sounds like you'll be contributing much sooner than you think. Enjoy your new venture :)
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

Interesting background, Sandy. Welcome aboard!
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

User 2401294 Photo

2 posts

Hi

A quick intro.

Not a developer, more an end-user with an interest in improving and maintaining parts of my existing website.

Tried to develop my own websites a few years ago with Dreamweaver and Frontpage, without great results. Now going to try again with CC HTML editor.

Regards

Rob
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,454 posts

Hi Rob, and welcome to this forum. I'm sure you'll find the CC html Editor a breeze after struggling with DW. And if not, we're a friendly lot that don't bite, and we can be very helpful ;)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.