Version 4 beta - Page 1 - Post ID 271054

User 166871 Photo

185 posts

Just paid for and downloaded Version 4 beta.....it came as a zip file with no installer...correct? So I extracted the files and ran the program. by not installing I still have version 3.5 intact. Is this Coffee cup intention. Advise.
Vista Tom

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

That is correct (for the beta). Our next release will have an installer. We wanted the beta to be able to run independently of other versions installed.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 166871 Photo

185 posts

Thanks thought that might be the case.....
Vista Tom

User 431141 Photo

78 posts

I received the Website Insight 4? announcement email, but the links in it aren't "alive".

How can I tget the $9 upgrade?
=Steve=
User 515127 Photo

116 posts

Hi Steve,

Yeah... me too. - (using Outlook) so I brought up the email in its own window (double-clicking on it) and no joy, so I tried the view email in a browser option and THAT worked.

Hope this helps,
Gordon

Steve Ravner wrote:
I received the Website Insight 4? announcement email, but the links in it aren't "alive".

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Steve Ravner wrote:

Open a support ticket Steve and we can send you the link.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 389612 Photo

41 posts

While the links in the email do not appear to be live, if you view it as a webpage, the links ARE active.
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

It all worked perfectly for me in Mozilla Thunderbird.

Frank
User 333213 Photo

115 posts

Just purchased the New Beta Web Insight V4 and installed. ran a scan on a responsive website I built. I know there are things I need to improve on the site, but one thing that surprised me is that Web insight warns me that the site is "Not Responsive".
The site was built responsive & it does respond to different screen sizes just fine. Why is the scan telling me otherwise? Going to run it on V3.5 now & see what I get.
Here is the site: www.drconcreteusa.com

Ok, just ran in V 3.5 and it also gave me the "Not Responsive" warning. I soooo confused?

10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fish.... then they release them for another day.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Andy Ho wrote:
Just purchased the New Beta Web Insight V4 and installed. ran a scan on a responsive website I built. I know there are things I need to improve on the site, but one thing that surprised me is that Web insight warns me that the site is "Not Responsive".
The site was built responsive & it does respond to different screen sizes just fine. Why is the scan telling me otherwise? Going to run it on V3.5 now & see what I get.
Here is the site: www.drconcreteusa.com

Ok, just ran in V 3.5 and it also gave me the "Not Responsive" warning. I soooo confused?

Are the @media queries located in your CSS files? If so, which one? That is what the software looks for to determine if the site is responsive.

If your website was built with our responsive apps, it will correctly flag your site as responsive.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.