Q about websites I'd like to...

User 2084935 Photo

6 posts

Hi there!

TLDR: I own lots of CoffeeCup software and have 3 websites I'd like to reproduce/adapt using it. I'm a total novice. Can someone advise me whether what I'm trying to achieve is possible using these CC tools? Links to model websites below

I am trying to build websites for my personal businesses. I own CoffeeCup's HTML editor, RSD, RLM, FF, BB, content slider and a few more to help me accomplish this. I have spent a lot of time looking at various websites and templates to figure out what features I'd like my websites to include. I built, and lost, my first attempt when the computer I was working on suffered some hard drive malfunction before I backed up my project. I am now starting over and have found 3 websites that would be a good starting point for what I am trying to achieve and I'm wondering if I can get any assistance/opinions regarding which of the CoffeeCup programs I should use to build them. I am not sure if this is the forum to pose such a question. I also hope that I am not crossing an intellectual property line by finding websites I'd like to replicate/adapt for my own purposes--that's definitely not my intention. I don't know how to do this (learning as I go; took me 8 hours to do my first Home page...) and doing it myself because of very limited funds. Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much!

The websites I'd like to replicate/adapt/borrow elements of are:

Coming Soon page: http://tinyurl.com/hynbyp9

Main business site: http://tinyurl.com/jm98cf2 (especially the Home and Services pages)

Blog-look site: http://crystal-blogger-template.blogspot.com/ (this one looked fairly simple but I'm still struggling to get the hang of it)

Thanks in advance for your time, attention and assistance. I appreciate it!

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Crystal,

You can do the website (business) in RSD which in the V2 Beta has FF and BB frameworks.

Never set up a Coming soon page. Google will index that and with no content you'll go to the bottom of the rankings. Just leave your domain parked until you get your website built.

You could always add a blog to a website but it almost sounds like you want two different sites, one for business and one for your blog. You can do that either way but with separate you would have to have two domain names.

That's just my quick thoughts and I'm sure someone else will come along and help out.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!
User 2084935 Photo

6 posts

Thanks for your quick response, Ernie! I'm thinking of a Coming Soon page as a good placeholder because current/prospective clients are already visiting my URL and the GoDaddy parked domain page is not a good look! I thought something a bit more professional would be a good way to tide me over.

I do want 2 separate sites (business and blog)--you discerned correctly! Fortunately, I've already reserved my domain names (that part I was able to handle! :) ).

You believe all 3 of the websites I referenced can be built using RSD V2?

Thanks again!
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Crystal Bish wrote:
Thanks for your quick response, Ernie! I'm thinking of a Coming Soon page as a good placeholder because current/prospective clients are already visiting my URL and the GoDaddy parked domain page is not a good look! I thought something a bit more professional would be a good way to tide me over.

I do want 2 separate sites (business and blog)--you discerned correctly! Fortunately, I've already reserved my domain names (that part I was able to handle! :) ).

You believe all 3 of the websites I referenced can be built using RSD V2?

Thanks again!

Do build your own "Coming Soon" page there is nothing stopping you putting as much content as you wish into it (don't over do it ) use a couple of keywords that you might use in the finished site (s). A big Header1 for "COMING SOON" A couple of shortish paragraphs describing what the web-site will be about, even a contact if you want) maybe a couple of nice relevant images with relevant titles. Some people put a countdown closk,, but I never do as you never know if somwthing might come up to delay (I know one can re-set the countdown but that doesn't really look good in my opinion

I do this all the time and never really had a problem with google rankings,, you could always put one of those robots "No Index" thingies which you remove when your full site is ready
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2084935 Photo

6 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Do build your own "Coming Soon" page there is nothing stopping you putting as much content as you wish into it (don't over do it ) use a couple of keywords that you might use in the finished site (s). A big Header1 for "COMING SOON" A couple of shortish paragraphs describing what the web-site will be about, even a contact if you want) maybe a couple of nice relevant images with relevant titles. Some people put a countdown closk,, but I never do as you never know if somwthing might come up to delay (I know one can re-set the countdown but that doesn't really look good in my opinion

Thank you, Wayan! I'm not sure if you saw my original post--I was hoping to build something like this Coming Soon page (http://tinyurl.com/hynbyp9) and was wondering if I could do it using the CC software I own. You mentioned a countdown clock--although not exactly what I'm going for, you'll see a clock element on the page I referenced. Is that something I can replicate with CC tools?

Thanks again for weighing in--I appreciate it!
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Crystal Bish wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:

Thank you, Wayan! I'm not sure if you saw my original post--I was hoping to build something like this Coming Soon page (http://tinyurl.com/hynbyp9) and was wondering if I could do it using the CC software I own. You mentioned a countdown clock--although not exactly what I'm going for, you'll see a clock element on the page I referenced. Is that something I can replicate with CC tools?

Thanks again for weighing in--I appreciate it!

That is a free template which you can edit (put your own stuff in)

You could then insert that once edited into an html element on your cc page and good to go (including the clock

Otherwise to replicate that using CC is very possible and fairly easy (except for the clock not sure how to get that effect in CC)
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2084935 Photo

6 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:

You could then insert that once edited into an html element on your cc page and good to go (including the clock

Otherwise to replicate that using CC is very possible and fairly easy (except for the clock not sure how to get that effect in CC)

I wish it were truly free! It isn't (and that's a-ok)--the company requires a few things I wasn't interested in dealing with (signing up with their service, buying your hosting from them, allowing them to use your website for their promotional purposes). Otherwise, I'd go for it! Thanks for your assessment that I can attempt it with my CC tools. I'm going to give it a shot. I see a 72+ hour project ahead, haha. Then I try to build the main site. Thanks again!
User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Crystal Bish wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:

I wish it were truly free! It isn't (and that's a-ok)--the company requires a few things I wasn't interested in dealing with (signing up with their service, buying your hosting from them, allowing them to use your website for their promotional purposes). Otherwise, I'd go for it! Thanks for your assessment that I can attempt it with my CC tools. I'm going to give it a shot. I see a 72+ hour project ahead, haha. Then I try to build the main site. Thanks again!

If you need any assistance let me know we can do it together in a couple of hoursd
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

By the way that didn't mean I would do it for you,, NOOO i would work with you via video to give you a guidance as to how & what to do,,, you would be the one to do it

Try first have a go take the leap of faith,, if you get really stuck then let me know and working together we will be able to get close to that what you desire
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

User 188640 Photo

895 posts

Crystal,

When I read your first post I thought you were just going to put up a coming soon page 'like' the example link you gave. I agree with Wayan that if you're going to put actual content on the page then do that. Just don't put up a page with zero content that says coming soon.

If you're fairly new to the CC programs you should take Wayan up on his offer to help. It will speed up your learning curve and get your site finished a lot faster. You can also ask questions in the appropriate section of the forum and others will help when they have the time.

I don't know why Wayan doesn't want to just do all the work for you as he and Inger have been doing that for someone else. :D (Sorry Wayan and Inger I couldn't help myself.)

All joking aside, the help you get in the forum is best if you use the answers to your questions to figure out how to do a lot of the things on your own. That way you self educate and move ahead a lot faster.

Please post your website when it's finished so we can see what you built.
A Rose is Just a Weed in a Corn Patch!

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.