Favicon question - Page 2 - Post ID...

User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Inger wrote:
Which email programme are you using, Wayan?

Hello Inger- Unless it was changed last time I emailed Wayan it was on his gmail one.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
Since 1994 Chocolate bar wrappers for all occasions.
Since 1972 helping clients help "Discover Their Dream Vacation"
User 379556 Photo

1,533 posts

Scrolling down this web page reveals one solution that worked for a blank Gmail client - it turned out to be a problem in the router settings.

Frank
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

That was the thing I was thinking of too... :)
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2699991 Photo

4,782 posts
Online Now

Frank Cook wrote:
Scrolling down this web page reveals one solution that worked for a blank Gmail client - it turned out to be a problem in the router settings.

Frank

Thanks Frank & Inger
I already did that (as in I have tried everything I know to fix it)

Turns out that I can get it using firefox, (which I don't normally use except for testing projects) but now at least I can see the mails.It has got worse, in that Microsoft Edge is now doing the same thing, I know Edge is going through transitions & I have the beta version foe developers (using chromium framework), so it could be that.

I am on with a large project for a client at the moment, so am loath to rebuild my PC at this moment, but I will get to it ASAP. Meanwhile I can use firefox to look at Gmail's

Thanks again
Mastering The Understanding With Hands-On Learning
NEW TO "COFFEECUP SITE DESIGNER" FOUNDATION 6 FRAMEWORK?
STUCK ON SOMETHING?

LEARNING & UNDERSTANDING "THE HOW TO"? THE WHY'S & THE WHEREFORE'S?
WITH WAYAN'S STEP BY STEP TUTORIALS
Contact Me For One To One Assistance
https://alphathemes.coffeecup.com/forms … an%281%29/
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Wayan Jaya wrote:
Ray wrote:
Wayan Jaya wrote:
Ray wrote:
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone has made their own favicom.ico if so must a favicon generator be used OR can one be made without the favicon generator? I know it should be file extension as .ico but is there another way like using a .png or .gif instead??
Thanks
Ray

You can use any ,png, jpg, gif with SDv3 favicon thingy just keep it to around 100px x 100px

SdV3 has a favicon thingy will have to check it out. Thanks Wayan I appreciate you letting me know.

Structure Data
Page Manager

4th thingy down

Use Global to get it on the hundreds & thousands of pages for those delic chocolate bar cookies all wrapped in a fantabidozi custom made wrapper

Thanks Wayan - Was very simple to make and implement in fact very easy :) Question I do have is about the using Global -Even if I check the Global I wouls still have to add and check Global on each page correct??
Still want to find out about the 16 px square favicon.ico that Google would like also, do you know if one can use 2 separate favicon's ie: one I made for SD 3.5 and say it is called " favicon1.png at 96px x 96px" and another one for search engines say called "favicon.ico at 16px x 16px" or is this not possible???
Thanks,
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2903050 Photo

260 posts

As I believe Google would like your image to be a number that goes in to 48. In fact Google will then resize to 16x16 to display. So your 96x96 Ray would be fine as its divisible by 48.
Regards
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Phil Dias wrote:
As I believe Google would like your image to be a number that goes in to 48. In fact Google will then resize to 16x16 to display. So your 96x96 Ray would be fine as its divisible by 48.
Regards

Hello Phil,
Thanks for your reply much appreciated!
Good than the 96x96 is okay, I know you are busy but having that favicon image as a .png
can it be used in place of a favicon image as a .ico ?? Do you think SE's will in time show it small as a 16px square - that is what has me confused :rolleyes:
Thanks and hope you are doing well in your new business.
Ray @ 19:40 edst
Ray aka Kreations
User 2903050 Photo

260 posts

Ray wrote:
Do you think SE's will in time show it small as a 16px square

Hi Ray. I'm being thick? What is SE?
I would say do not worry about having your favicon as a png. All modern browsers accept png. I believe IE6 doesn't however even Microsoft is now saying to customers to update to Edge etc as all of IE versions pose a security risk.
In general I am not worrying about supporting IE anymore. Call me naive, but the lengths you have to go to this support this caveman browser is just not worth it in my opinion. And like I said, even Microsoft is telling people to upgrade due to security so people need to get with the times. Regards Phil
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Phil Dias wrote:
Ray wrote:
Do you think SE's will in time show it small as a 16px square

Hi Ray. I'm being thick? What is SE?
I would say do not worry about having your favicon as a png. All modern browsers accept png. I believe IE6 doesn't however even Microsoft is now saying to customers to update to Edge etc as all of IE versions pose a security risk.
In general I am not worrying about supporting IE anymore. Call me naive, but the lengths you have to go to this support this caveman browser is just not worth it in my opinion. And like I said, even Microsoft is telling people to upgrade due to security so people need to get with the times. Regards Phil

Phil no your not thick SE was my attempt as shortcut for "Search Engines" sorry about that.
Come next year in Jan 2020 we will have to make a decision if to buy new pc's or try to upgrade old ones that have the windows 7 pro which we never had any problems with.
Take care and THANKS.
Ray
Ray aka Kreations
User 2765857 Photo

614 posts

Ray wrote:
[quote=Phil Dias][quote= Ray]Do you think SE's will in time show it small as a 16px square

Hello Phil - Well just checked and Google actually picked up that favicon.png in search results they automatically took our 96x96px one and resized to the 16px they use. Never thought they would do that this fast.

Wayan thanks for pointing me in the right direction for adding the favicon thingy.
Hope you get your email problems fixed soon.

Ray
Ray aka Kreations

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.