Website Access Manager - Post ID 85222

User 1886003 Photo

Trial User
37 posts

For the past few hours I've been researching password protecting my website that is under construction. It is going to be a site where you must be a member before you can access anything further than the front page of the site. (Is that even posible?)
I ran across this statement in my research-"You can easily manage access for hundreds or even thousands of users. You can..." refering to what Website Access Manager is all about.
From what I've read about the software, each name must be either accepted or declined on an individual basis. Is there no way to have this done automatically, like when I created a profile, user name and password for this forum? I gained instant access to this forum once I created my profile. I can't see accepting hundreds or thousands of members on an individual basis. Any insite into my querry would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

All user name and passwords must be entered into the software itself. There is no "automated" way to do this. If you need something like that, you can probably do it with some simple php scripts.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 1886003 Photo

Trial User
37 posts

Thanks Scott.
CC doesn't have software that will create a "register and log-in" feature, correct?
Can someone please direct me as to how I can incorporate a "members" area into VSD? Thanks again, Bill
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We have no software that would automate this process.

Since this is a server technology, there is nothing you have to do in VSD. Your site would be automatically protected once you upload in Access Manager.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.