Suggestions for CoffeeCup Website...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

We want your ideas, suggestions, and comments about CoffeeCup Website Access Manager . So tell us: How can we make the software even better? Remember, our products are here for you guys, so we want to make them the very best we can :)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Scott, the topic of this thread is Website Search and should be Website Access Manager.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Tom wrote:
Scott, the topic of this thread is Website Search and should be Website Access Manager.

Thanks Tom.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 399197 Photo

46 posts

I just posted a couple of WAM "quirks" and Cesar responded. What great support you folks have -- it's the best. As I work with WAM and the whole permissions thing, it became apparent to me that being able to define groups would be very helpful, especially for larger sites. I'm also using phpBB to incorporate a forum on my site, and their group permissions paradigm would really be appropriate for WAM, I would think.

Keep up the great work, folks.

Dick Raymond
User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Why not allow users to upload the files using their favorite FTP program instead of the built in FTP? Create the htaccess and password files and let us manually upload.
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Tom wrote:
Why not allow users to upload the files using their favorite FTP program instead of the built in FTP? Create the htaccess and password files and let us manually upload.

There would be no way to really do this. For example, say you protect 25 folders on your server. We would then need to generate locally 25 htaccess files for you to upload. To organize these htaccess files, we would then have to build a Website directory structure locally that mimics your remote server so you know where the files would go. If you mess up even 1 htaccess file, you are locked out.

I have seen some users have 300+ folders setup. Can you imagine how sticky it could get ;)
User 457490 Photo

4 posts

I am actually hoping for two features that would be helpful.

The first would be to be able to redirect users upon login. I am setting up a customer section for my clients, and would like to be able to send them to their own account folder where they can access their bills and other customer related information. I know htaccess can do this, but it would be nice to able able to manage it from one program, instead of having to do it manually for each customer when i add them.

The second feature would be a forgot password script that could be on the server as well. I have a script from htaccess.biz that includes a feature where customers can change their password with a link that I add to the site, and also has a password request link that I can add to the 401 error page.

Thanks
User 457490 Photo

4 posts

Oh yea, one other thing I forgot about. The error redirect does not work if the secure pages they fail on are php. They work if they are html, but if they are access a php page, it goes to my servers generic 401 page.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Jason La Due wrote:
I am actually hoping for two features that would be helpful.

The first would be to be able to redirect users upon login. I am setting up a customer section for my clients, and would like to be able to send them to their own account folder where they can access their bills and other customer related information. I know htaccess can do this, but it would be nice to able able to manage it from one program, instead of having to do it manually for each customer when i add them.

The second feature would be a forgot password script that could be on the server as well. I have a script from htaccess.biz that includes a feature where customers can change their password with a link that I add to the site, and also has a password request link that I can add to the 401 error page.

Thanks

1. htaccess does not have such a feature. For us to accomplish something like that, we would have to move from htaccess and implement something using PHP. This then would open up a whole new set of issues.

2. This would require a whole new set of scripts to be created. We would then need to make sure the form is customizable for each user. Basically taking Form Builder and making it more compact.
User 2011862 Photo

1 post

Hi

I have been trying to create a Log Out feature on my protected html pages I have tried the codes you help files supplied, but still no luck. Could anyone help please?

SW Marshall

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.