Announcing CoffeeCup Website Access...

User 458079 Photo

15 posts

Jack,
Thanks for your sharing your experience.... but for some reason it just started working.:)

I'm so happy but I'm not so sure Scott is with my fading faith that I was displaying in his program....:rolleyes:

All I know it appears to be running and I'm not questioning it.
I think the upload sequence is terrific and easy.... and it works!
Thanks for replying and again thanks Scott.
Ron
User 441084 Photo

28 posts

Lucky Ron wrote:
Jack,
Thanks for your sharing your experience.... but for some reason it just started working.:)

Ron,

There could be up to an hour wait for their servers to cache the detection of the .htaccess file. Once they do that, any updates are immediate. I didn't think it was working for me at first. Scott (as usual) answered my question really quickly.

-Twitch
User 483999 Photo

9 posts

FWIW:
I am using HostGator - business account - the Web Access Manager (WAM) works fine - HostGator has the capability to do folder protection but WAM is more convenient - not only in the organization of information but also you can do group emails from the list with modifiable templates.

Product Suggestions:
I would like to see the following added:

1.0 Some means of generating dates - today's date and expiration dates for example without having to type in. Then these should also be included in the 'Insert Database Field' list so that they can be added to the email. For expiration dates it would also be nice to have a date alert when tripped. I set up some folders that are date sensitive and do not want to allow access after a set date.

2.0 Hot key to pop up email sending

3.0 Ability to add to 'Database Field' list and corresponding way to enter the field data in the user database.

These small additions would make the product even more useful. Sort of a CRM with added capability!

Thanks for a great product!

David

www.iqxp.com, net, biz, us

I'd rather be...

www.IQXP.com

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

User expiration is mostly in this version now. The next update we are going to try and wrap it up and include a scheduler to automate the process plus a whole lot more ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 483999 Photo

9 posts

User expiration is mostly in this version now. The next update we are going to try and wrap it up and include a scheduler to automate the process plus a whole lot more

Additional features I'd like to see are:

o The ability to sort the password list

o Ability to have a group ID both for sorting capabilities and also it could act as a 'user' template ID so that entering a new user and putting him in a specific group then also sets the folders for pw access and other features such as expiration date.

I am impressed with how CC seems to listen to their users.

Thanks!

David
I'd rather be...

www.IQXP.com

User 103173 Photo

0 posts

All the column headers are clickable. Click on "Real Name, Username or Password" and it will resort them.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 441084 Photo

28 posts

I finally got around to buying it today. Now I look forward to the new version of Web Form Builder that we were teased with in an email a few weeks ago. :)
User 1760195 Photo

Trial User
1 post

I am trying to use the trial version. I have installed it and set up the administrator and 1 user. I have checked with my server host who has advised my server is compatible even though the test says it may not be compatible. I usually use Microsoft Frontpage to login to my site. When I try and log in with Frontpage it attempts to login and I get a message ...The webserver at "htttp://etc does not appear to have Windows Sharepoint Services installed. It is a Linux server. Can you help?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

You may want to look this over then. Because you are using Front Page, you may run into a few issues.

http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … frontpage/
User 1865745 Photo

1 post

Does Coffeecup web access manager work with MS Frontpage extensions ?

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.