Announcing CoffeeCup Website Access...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

No. But for more information visit http://www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/ … frontpage/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 612932 Photo

2 posts

Hi Scott,

I have tested myself this new Coffee Cup product and it working well on the test platform.

I will buy it for sure asap but I have some things to ask:

I will not use it in combination of user name and passwords but will be hardly used with the ip classes and ip addresses blocking / allowing features.

Please, can you tell me if there is some possibility to import bulk ip ranges / ip address like for the users ?

I have it to add manually 956 ip addresses / ip ranges and believe that is no so convenient :)

Thank you and kind regards.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Sorry but there is no way to import ip addresses. The primary function is for use authentication. The IP blocking is just a small subset of the application. I am not sure a feature like that will ever make it into the software. I will however add it to the user suggestions list.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 597929 Photo

1,332 posts

Okay, new question just came into my brain today.

I've been reading how to set up 301 redirects (for setting up canonical domain names to help with SEO), and have learned they involve inserting code into the .htaccess file. Now, the most common usage is going to be in the root folder of the site, and if that's also password-protected then search bots can't index it anyway, so this may be a moot point, but still: if you use WAM to protect a folder will it over-write anything that was already in that folder's .htaccess file?
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -- Frank Zappa

Visit Spinland Studios: http://www.spinland.biz
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Yes, that is correct. If the root directory is protected, the custom error pages will not apply until after you authenticate.
User 1935511 Photo

46 posts

Can Website Access Manager configure a user account to provide access for a fixed number of logins or for a limited number of days?

I'm a web developer and have a client for whom I'm developing a site. The site is still under construction (160+ pages). I am already restricting access via manually configured .htaccess. The client wants to be able to "preview" the site to prospective investors and advertizers. I don't want to have to constanly add and delete "guests" manually via .htaccess.

It would be great if I could use WAM to set up limited access, say for three visits or a limited date range, after which the password would expire.

Can Website Access Manager handle this?
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Mike Bianchi wrote:
Can Website Access Manager configure a user account to provide access for a fixed number of logins or for a limited number of days?

I'm a web developer and have a client for whom I'm developing a site. The site is still under construction (160+ pages). I am already restricting access via manually configured .htaccess. The client wants to be able to "preview" the site to prospective investors and advertizers. I don't want to have to constanly add and delete "guests" manually via .htaccess.

It would be great if I could use WAM to set up limited access, say for three visits or a limited date range, after which the password would expire.

Can Website Access Manager handle this?

The new version of Access Manager that will be released soon will allow you to set an expiration date for an account. Adding the ability to restrict only a certain number of logins would require the use of a database and direct access to a log files. No easy task to say the least ;)
User 1935511 Photo

46 posts

Thanks Scott.

I think that being able to set the user access to expire after a fixed length of time will work in this case.

Mike

User 457887 Photo

1 post

Hi all,
I was very kindly given a free download of Website Access Manager by CC. It's now out of date and I appreciate I might not get any help here - but I hope it is ok to ask.
I've installed it and it works beautifully to password protect my website. I'm not very tech 'savvy' and I'm struggling to work out how to have a home page on my site, a second page and then a log-in page which password protects all the other ones.
At the moment I can password protect the whole site or I get an error message instead of the home page showing.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Yours,
Robert
User 187934 Photo

Senior Advisor
20,181 posts

Hi Howie,
I would recommend you keep one directory protected. This makes it easy to keep track of whats protected and what's not protected.
I can't hear what I'm looking at.
It's easy to overlook something you're not looking for.

This is a site I built for my work.(RSD)
http://esmansgreenhouse.com
This is a site I built for use in my job.(HTML Editor)
https://pestlogbook.com
This is my personal site used for testing and as an easy way to share photos.(RLM imported to RSD)
https://ericrohloff.com

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.