User 364143 Photo

5,410 posts

Ant self-respecting member knows Scott drinks Red Bull. :P
CoffeeCup... Yeah, they are the best!
User 2114410 Photo

383 posts

Tom wrote:
Ant self-respecting member knows Scott drinks Red Bull. :P

Funny you say that, I mentioned to Scott that one day I expect to open up the CC site, and see a name change to Red Bull - cuz Scott, you must never sleep! :D
User 598605 Photo

3 posts

Why do I have to make a registration at S-Drive before I can publish web form? :(

Cor
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Cor wrote:
Why do I have to make a registration at S-Drive before I can publish web form? :(

Cor

Please read this post here: http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/form-bu … r-is-here/
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 598605 Photo

3 posts

Sorry, my own mistake.
I don't want this.
My data is my data or my customers data.
I wished I have read your mail more carefully before I bought it.
I will not use the web form builder anymore.

Cor
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Cor,

I don't think you read "all" of the information about the program yet either. This "lite" version is the version that is only working with S-Drive. If you have a different server you want your forms on then you'll be able to do that with the Form Builder when the Full version is released.

Other than that, I am not sure how you expect some company to allow you to post things on their servers without setting up an account or registering for it. S-Drive is a service to anyone, free and paid services being available for it. This means that anyone that uses it needs to setup an account or register so to speak to use it. You have to do this with "any" server that hosts things, why would this be any different?

I guess I'm confused here as to what the actual problem is Cor.
User 598605 Photo

3 posts

I have my own server and always used the "older" web form builder. Will wait for the full version.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Cor wrote:
I have my own server and always used the "older" web form builder. Will wait for the full version.

Why wait Cor? Start testing it out now and get your forms made. Then when the FULL version is ready, you are already done. Also, if you have comments on the new version, now is the time to tell us. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2281545 Photo

4 posts

I just downloaded the light version of the form builder as I have the purchased the classic in the past. A few questions that I have (I have searched through numerous posts but didnt find these).

Are we going to be able to define custom lengths to text boxes or other input boxes?
- I really enjoyed being able to define, down to the pixel the length of the input boxes. I was able to conform the web form to my website as needed this way. When looking at the options, you have a very limited selection of percentages on the right hand side. Are we going to be limited to these options because this is definitely a con to the new version.

Is there an option that will be added for gridlines and rulers?
- Most editors that I have used utilize these tools for people who are perfectionists. Some people use the left/top functions of webbuilding, have pixel references, or gridlines. Will these items in question be incorporated?

Will we have the ability to place objects on the form where we want to?
- All I can seem to do is lay the input/label boxes, etc. where the form wants me to in a snap to page format? The thing about classic is the freedom of movement and resizing. A valuable option I would prefer to have.

Someone already mentioned about importing images.
Right now, the lite version seems to have been pushed into a "too friendly" and "too easy to use" theme that takes away some of the more important and basic functions of classic. I know its not complete yet, but I hope these are options that will still be available.
User 2281545 Photo

4 posts

I apologize but I did just find a couple of posts that answered one of these questions. Again, my apologies.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.