Web Form Builder just got better! -...

User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

john graham wrote:
Can we not have the option to have the 'old' Captcha as well as the reCaptcha. I don't like the look of the reCaptcha or the fact that it relies on a third party.

Please.

Sorry, but no. We are only going to be using reCAPTCHA. They pretty much are the standard on the web right now and practically everyone uses them (Facebook, Amazon, eBay etc.). It is also backed by Google, so it will be around forever. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2055329 Photo

2 posts

All looks great and an excellent improvement with one exception.... can't seem to upload to own server, I thought the option was on the next upgrade unless I've missed something... I don't want or need your 'S' drive

Many thanks
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

James Williams wrote:
All looks great and an excellent improvement with one exception.... can't seem to upload to own server, I thought the option was on the next upgrade unless I've missed something... I don't need the 'S' drive

Many thanks

Please see the original discussion post here at http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/form-bu … post169274

So how will this release work?

We are thrilled to have achieved this first release and we want to make sure it’s fun and goes smoothly for everybody. So there is no confusion, here's how it will work: The new version of Web Form Builder is only available to Mega Pack customers right now. This “Lite” release will work with S-Drive Forms. All CoffeeCup customers are entitled to a free S-Drive account; just select your address (if you haven’t yet) and sign in with your CoffeeCup account information. Then you’ll be able to publish your web forms and easily add them to any website. All data processing, storage, and reporting is automatic.

With this Lite version, the server scripts cannot be exported for use on your own server. This feature will be part of the full version which will be added to your account automatically within the next 2–3 weeks.

This step-by-step process in a more controlled environment allows us to quickly address any issues that may arise. Also, we're confident that you won't want to use anything else once you see it used on S-Drive Forms. ;)

Over the next 1–2 weeks we will monitor all customer feedback, (unlikely) issues, and suggestions. We’ll make sure that everything is addressed and then release the full version of Web Form Builder. That version will allow you to upload your form to S-Drive as well as export the scripts for use on your own servers.

If you are already a registered user of the Flash version and would like to have access and help steer the direction of this new version, you need to purchase the Form Builder Mega Pack. We won't decide until the program is released what sort of "upgrade" price we will have for just the new version by itself; it may be only $29 or we may not have anything at all. If you think $29 for the Mega Pack is a good deal (which it definitely is!) then don't take any risk—get it while it’s still available! You’ll then be guaranteed to get the new version as part of that pack, free of charge.

So with that, post your comments here on what you think of the new Web Form Builder. We are very proud of it. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I have trialed the latest version and it does address the placement side by side of the elements in a way. Giving this a bit more adjustment maybe say in two columns left for the description and right for the input would be great. Or as a choice of either. Starting to warm to it. I can use it now. I will hold of going live until I can upload to my server. I am a member of the local art society and they have a requirement for some forms on their new site. My WP blog will get a do over soon as well

Shame you do not have some classifieds software in the good old Coffee Cup way, that definatly would add icing to the cake.
I did not pay for this for nothing I knew CC would come good and they are starting to hit the nail on the head.
Coffee Cup's software makes great webmasters, with little effort. I am a CC supporter at heart
The Guy from OZ

User 11510 Photo

Ambassador
6 posts

The new form builder seems pretty cool. The main issue I had was that it was difficult to figure out how to change the titles for each individual check box. At first it would highlight the text but would not let me change it, and if I hit delete to try and erase the current name it would delete the whole checkbox section. I eventually got it to work but it seems like there should be an easier way to edit the names for each check box.

The other thing I noticed is that the way the hints pop down when you are typing in a box that has a hint could potentially cause someone to think they checked a box without doing it. This happens because if you have just entered text in a box that has a hint, when you try to check a box it closes the previous hint and does not add the check mark. You have to click the check mark again to actually make the check mark.

Other than these things I think the product is great. When will we be able to actually be able to upload this to our websites? I have to admit it was frustrating to finish my form, and then not be able to upload it to my site.

I hope this info is useful.

Peter
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Peter Cassford wrote:
The new form builder seems pretty cool. The main issue I had was that it was difficult to figure out how to change the titles for each individual check box. At first it would highlight the text but would not let me change it, and if I hit delete to try and erase the current name it would delete the whole checkbox section. I eventually got it to work but it seems like there should be an easier way to edit the names for each check box.

The other thing I noticed is that the way the hints pop down when you are typing in a box that has a hint could potentially cause someone to think they checked a box without doing it. This happens because if you have just entered text in a box that has a hint, when you try to check a box it closes the previous hint and does not add the check mark. You have to click the check mark again to actually make the check mark.

Other than these things I think the product is great. When will we be able to actually be able to upload this to our websites? I have to admit it was frustrating to finish my form, and then not be able to upload it to my site.

I hope this info is useful.

Peter

Thank you for your feedback Peter. I agree, and I think we can do just a bit better there as well. Right now we are trying to gather as much feedback as possible and then see what we can adjust to make things clearer.

If all goes well, the full version will be ready in 1-2 weeks.

Keep the feedback coming! ;)
User 102510 Photo

1 post

Hi

Your previous form builder used Flash and XML - I need HTML, and certainly will not use FLASH.

Your new one needs to be hosted on S-Drive. Thanks but I have my own secure hosts and have no desire to use S-Drive. When you add the really "cool" feature of being hostable within my own url's, without the need for XML, Flash or S-Drive, I might actually start using it.

Otherwise I will continue to build HTML forms and php scripts by hand.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

anthony doherty wrote:
Hi

Your previous form builder used Flash and XML - I need HTML, and certainly will not use FLASH.

Your new one needs to be hosted on S-Drive. Thanks but I have my own secure hosts and have no desire to use S-Drive. When you add the really "cool" feature of being hostable within my own url's, without the need for XML, Flash or S-Drive, I might actually start using it.

Otherwise I will continue to build HTML forms and php scripts by hand.

Anthony, I don't think you took the time to read through the forums here. Please see http://www.coffeecup.com/forums/form-bu … post169274 and it will explain how this all works and what the future holds.

So in about a week, you will have that functionality. How cool is that! ;)
User 2010991 Photo

73 posts

Scott,

Do you live there at coffee cup...LOL

Scott

A novice at best
User 132002 Photo

131 posts

It's getting better and better with each new release.
One thing just came up.
The width of the Section Break line can't be changed. It stays the same no matter what we type in the width field.

Søren
Søren, Denmark

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.