Web Form Builder just got better! -...

User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Hiya Mark,

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I'm pretty sure that Autofocus means: The field that will be focused on upon loading of the form. In other words, the cursor of the user will start there (the field will have the blinking cursor etc.) so it shows the user the starting point basically.
User 51909 Photo

3,694 posts

Many ta'
Mark Loves CoffeeCup
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts
Online Now

Keith[/quote]

I entered one word only.

Keith[/quote]

I always enter both words (if there are two, that is). I think you are supposed to do that.

As to the cropped form, maybe the error message could appear as a pop-up in a layer on top of the form? That way the form wouln't be cropped.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 2299512 Photo

11 posts

Hi again from Cape Town,

two more issues for the wfb, one minor, the other one very serious:

1) my wife being a web designer asks if the email confirmation field [when needed] could be placed alternatively side by side, would safe space. Putting other info next to it makes little sense, because it is likely to be overlooked. Would be a very "nice to have".

2) very serious: neither the radio buttons nor the check boxes can be made "required". I need a "I agree to..." check box or radio button which at the same time prohibits submission of the form if not checked. Please be so kind to incorporate in your next update! It's crucial - we'd love to use the beta version of wfb, but must to go life in a week.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Owala wrote:
Hi again from Cape Town,

two more issues for the wfb, one minor, the other one very serious:

1) my wife being a web designer asks if the email confirmation field [when needed] could be placed alternatively side by side, would safe space. Putting other info next to it makes little sense, because it is likely to be overlooked. Would be a very "nice to have".

2) very serious: neither the radio buttons nor the check boxes can be made "required". I need a "I agree to..." check box or radio button which at the same time prohibits submission of the form if not checked. Please be so kind to incorporate in your next update! It's crucial - we'd love to use the beta version of wfb, but must to go life in a week.

As to Item #2, yes you can do that with checkboxes. Use the "Require [ ] options to be checked". As to radio buttons, that feature is already built into the element as one of the options is always selected by default. If you want someone to specifically choose something, then you should use a checkbox.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 2299512 Photo

11 posts

Scott,

sorry my badness, overworked and underpaid :), I overlooked that option. I was expecting at the elaborate explanation.

Thanks for the fast response....
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:

As to Item #2, yes you can do that with checkboxes. Use the "Require [ ] options to be checked". As to radio buttons, that feature is already built into the element as one of the options is always selected by default. If you want someone to specifically choose something, then you should use a checkbox.

That was one of the things I brought up before, why does a radio button need to start off already selecting something? Would be a lot nicer if it were not selected yet and we were to have the ability to make it required just like the rest of the elements.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Scott Swedorski wrote:

That was one of the things I brought up before, why does a radio button need to start off already selecting something? Would be a lot nicer if it were not selected yet and we were to have the ability to make it required just like the rest of the elements.

Show me a few forms on the web that have this type of functionality and we will consider it Jo Ann. I cannot remember any form where a radio button was used and not having something automatically selected.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 38401 Photo

Senior Advisor
10,951 posts

Surveys are a prime example. I take them all the time and have to hit radio buttons, and many of them don't have something selected by default. Some do but many don't. But for the sake of argument, what would be the problem with making it like the rest of the elements? Does it cause issues to do that? I dunno as I've never used them much simply because you can't require them.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Jo Ann wrote:
Surveys are a prime example. I take them all the time and have to hit radio buttons, and many of them don't have something selected by default. Some do but many don't. But for the sake of argument, what would be the problem with making it like the rest of the elements? Does it cause issues to do that? I dunno as I've never used them much simply because you can't require them.

It is pure usability as that is not what a radio button is designed for. Those are what checkboxes are for. I would love to see examples of where a radio button is used like that though.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.