Web Form Builder just got better! -...

User 2299512 Photo

11 posts

Hi again,

I am playing around with a new form and it works really nice. I stumbled over one thing, but maybe I am doing it wrong or cannot find the right button.

The sequence of the fields and how they are written into the csv file seem to be dependent on the sequence when they were placed and not how they are appearing on the form. Is there a way to define the correct sequence either on the form or the the database itself, otherwise my upload file is incorrect.

Regards from Cape Town
User 119959 Photo

44 posts

Keith Jones wrote:
Paisley wrote:
Have to say the new Form Builder is a major improvement from previous. I tried to integrate it with blog (Wordpress) and have to say it works like magic. I hope and beieve that all the Coffeecup Software will get a major "make over" and end up being so simple to integrate. Even willing to pay for the new ones even if I own them already. :rolleyes:

Please can I see your WP page with form, I'm interested in WP integration.

Keith

Unfortunately my Wordpress is not live. Runs on my PC with Xampp. I am no programmer, so web design is purely a hobby and not my proffession. It is very easy to implement. Need to put the code given after you created your form in your page. I presume you are familiar with Wordpress Templates etc.

Paisley
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."
User 2077947 Photo

40 posts

Scott Swedorski wrote:
Meik Bartoschek wrote:
New version looks so much better than the previous one. I have one request however. I need to input about 200 names into a drop down list and there is no way now to do this in bulk. It is way too tedious to enter all those name individually. Is there a way to create my own predefined options selector list?
This would be a major improvement for everyone who needs a lot of options in any type of drop down list.
Thanks. Keep up the good work.

There is no UI for this yet, but just go to C:\Program Files\CoffeeCup Software\Web Form Builder Lite\library\option-lists and you can create your own lists.

Easy, Easy............ Brilliant.......... I was a worried man until I learnt this! :D:D

It's getting better by the day.......... Keep up the excellent work!
R K BAILEY
User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Paisley wrote:

Unfortunately my Wordpress is not live. Runs on my PC with Xampp. I am no programmer, so web design is purely a hobby and not my proffession. It is very easy to implement. Need to put the code given after you created your form in your page. I presume you are familiar with Wordpress Templates etc.

Paisley

OK - I think I am sorted with latest release seems to be working fine now.

Keith
User 271657 Photo

Ambassador
3,816 posts

Could we have an option to add a custom submit button without having to dig around in the code? :D
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by. (Douglas Adams)
https://www.callendales.com
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Soren Noernberg wrote:
It's getting better and better with each new release.
One thing just came up.
The width of the Section Break line can't be changed. It stays the same no matter what we type in the width field.

Søren

Confirmed. Thank you for pointing this one out. We will get that fixed in the next update.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

paintbrush wrote:
Could we have an option to add a custom submit button without having to dig around in the code? :D

Already on that one. That feature will be included in one of the next updates. ;)
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

0 posts

Owala wrote:
Hi again,

I am playing around with a new form and it works really nice. I stumbled over one thing, but maybe I am doing it wrong or cannot find the right button.

The sequence of the fields and how they are written into the csv file seem to be dependent on the sequence when they were placed and not how they are appearing on the form. Is there a way to define the correct sequence either on the form or the the database itself, otherwise my upload file is incorrect.

Regards from Cape Town

Right now there is no way to change that, but we are looking into adding a feature like the Flash version had allowing you to customize the Tab Order. This would then change the CSV file to match how the form works.
User 2302222 Photo

5 posts

Scott, the new version addressed a lot of the problems I was having on the last version and I am liking what I am seeing. I am sure there will be a lot more enhancements in the next couple weeks before you go live with the full version and I can't wait. Thank you and all the crew for doing a great job on this.
The only problem that I found that I could not correct as yet is the date field when using the form on my iPhone. When testing my form on the iPhone and get to the date field the built in Calendar from the form pops up like it should, but then the iPhone date wheel also pops up and the dates from either is not recognized when I try to submit. I have it marded as a required field and because the form does not recognize the date it can not be submitted. I also tested this on my iPad and the form works perfect.
Here is a link to my form, maybe you can test to see if it works for you on an iPhone if you have access to one.
Thanks
Jay

http://www.sitgesairporttransfers.com/taxi_form.html
User 2302222 Photo

5 posts

Also Scott, have you moved in there, you seem to be on 24/7 but loving the quick support.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.