Web Form Builder just got better! -...

User 2287960 Photo

Ambassador
580 posts

Eric Rohloff (Rolly) wrote:
It's the same issue that I posted the other day. I looked at the script code and noticed that it doesn't match at least in width what you pick for your form width in the design screen. I think I made my form 460 wide and the script code references 482 wide. Height I just messed with in the html box until it was right but the script doesn't match. I'm thinking that's where my issue is coming from.

Built in padding

Here's the Colorbox version. Bottom of page.

My form is 500 but in script 522. I have examined in FF with Firebug it is 500 in width displayed.

Do not know what adding 22 does.

Keith
User 2077947 Photo

40 posts

I've found another irritant.

If I place a 'Drop Down' box next to a 'Text Field' (on the same line) the 'Labels' appears in line, in the same font and size and hence are neatly aligned.

However, the 'Options' and 'Entered Text' are not aligned, i.e. the 'Entered Text' field is deeper than the 'Options' field and looks untidy, even with the 'Item Paddings' being set the same.

In the old version the fields seemd to be the same size by default.
R K BAILEY
User 2055329 Photo

2 posts

Hi Scott,
Didn't want to put the long quote in but many thanks for your message on Friday at 09:54 PM in reply to my posting.
User 2303124 Photo

87 posts

With the new version (full) will be be possible to send the output direct to a google spreadsheet??
User 464893 Photo

Ambassador
1,611 posts

I too hope for that. Either send to a sql database or as a csv file that could be loaded into a database. Can't wait for the full version to be released I have great expectations.
The Flash version has always performed very well for me and with a html version as well that ticks all boxes.
Being able to add a self created image brings the Web Image Studio on line. I have some beautiful background images I have been creating just needing the form to fit into it. I have also created my logo to insert into PDF files I am writing. There is something CC could come up with a PDF File creator and editor.
The Guy from OZ

User 1884773 Photo

Director, Technology Operations
1 post

At some point, will we be able to open existing forms and edit with this new release? Looking good!
User 122279 Photo

Senior Advisor
14,447 posts

There is a lot of features planned for the new Form Builder, and if you have wishes or suggestions, please post them in the 'Suggestions' thread created for that purpose.

As to opening and editing forms created with the flash based Form builder; I have my doubts about that. The old and the new form builder are based on widely different technologies (flash versus html + css), so it may not be possible.
Ha en riktig god dag!
Inger, Norway

My work in progress:
Components for Site Designer and the HTML Editor: https://mock-up.coffeecup.com

User 256589 Photo

23 posts

Been playing with the program quite a bit - have only found issues that others have already reported.

Looking forward to the multi-page form feature in a future update.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Mike Gardiner wrote:
At some point, will we be able to open existing forms and edit with this new release? Looking good!

Unfortunately that is not possible. The Flash and HTML versions are completely different programs. There is no way to use any of the themes or saved forms created in the Flash version with the HTML version. You will need to recreate the form from scratch.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.
User 103173 Photo

VP of Software Development
0 posts

Andy Taylor wrote:
With the new version (full) will be be possible to send the output direct to a google spreadsheet??

Not directly. However, you can send it to a CSV file which you can then import into any spreadsheet program.
Learn the essentials with these quick tips for Responsive Site Designer, Responsive Email Designer, Foundation Framer, and the new Bootstrap Builder. You'll be making awesome, code-free responsive websites and newsletters like a boss.

Have something to add? We’d love to hear it!
You must have an account to participate. Please Sign In Here, then join the conversation.